Adminswife

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

NEW YEAR'S DAY 2008!!!!!

Normally we have LOTS of snow for Christmas and not much for New Year's, but this year was different. We got 10 inches a few days before Christmas and it was all gone by Christmas Day. Then for New Years Eve, it started snowing and continued for two days. So, this is how we started our New Years' Eve Day.

Back yard - notice the amount on the deck (it was only 10:00 a.m. at the time).

Because of the generous gift of Dick & Carol, we ended our New Years' Day like this. Thanks Dick & Carol. All six of us went to the motel to swim. Tim & I enjoyed the whirlpool for a few minutes and then we watch the kids for a couple of hours. Because the motel didn't have time to clean up every room from the New Year's Parties, we were upgraded to a suite. We had a bedroom, kitchette and living room. We also had two t.v.'s. No more watching football for me - I could watch my own shows - and I did. Around dinner time, the kids went home for their "all night" party.


Here is the "hot couple" heading out for dinner. Notice the cool clothes on the mother. Smart kids we have - right?

Tim & I went to Quaker Steak for dinner. It was a good hamburger, but not worth $31. I finished all of mine, was stuffed to the gills and won't need to eat for several days. Tim, however, got sicker than a dog. I guess Quaker Steak doesn't agree with him. So, our evening and night in the motel was spent with a sick husband.

Sleeping was another issue. They have those new temperpeudic (sp) beds and they were horrible. Both of us had back aches when we got up this morning. I hardly slept. The heater blew right in our faces (it was in the ceiling). So, it was either blowing super hot air, or air conditioning.

It sounds like we didn't enjoy ourselves, but we did. It was a fun night for all six of us. I hope you and yours had a special day as well. Love to you all!

4 Comments:

At January 02, 2008 5:37 PM, Blogger Emily said...

glad to hear you had fun! Now I'm glad dan and i didn't get the temperpedic matress. We almost did when we moved into our apartment. love the clothes!

 
At January 02, 2008 9:07 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Glad to hear you had fun! We did as well. We made it til midnight, playing games, Madden 07, telling stories, and watching videos. Then in the morning we got to shovel and go sledding. It was a good time! I think I had pizza 3 meals in a row, but I don't ever really mind that. :) See you at the shower. Drive SAFELY!!

 
At January 02, 2008 9:30 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Well, when you eat at a place called "Quaker Steak and Lube," you gotta expect some illness...

 
At January 02, 2008 9:31 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Oh, forgot: "Glad to hear you had fun!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home