Adminswife

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LET IT SNOW.....!!!!!

Since Emily posted pictures of her snow, I thought you would like to see what we have. We usually don't get much snow (Michigan City gets much more). But, the last two days, the snow has been coming off the lake straight south. We had about 8 inches the first day, now they claim we are to get 3-5 more inches.

The first picture is of our back deck. It is about 14 inches deep (several days accumulation).

The last picture is of our redbud tree in the back yard. I love how the snow looks on the bare trees. I wish you could see the trees on the red barns yard. Lovely!

Betsey is at the inauguration with the students she taught as a student teacher. She arrived safely. What a great opportunity to be a part of US History!

Dad read about PCS in the newspaper. You can check it out at: http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/01/20/news/porter_county/docb6d074ac2a4d843086257544000c16f9.txt. Who would have thought?

Enjoy the snow! Drive carefully! Keep warm!

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 2:58 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

That's a lot of snow! I really do miss being able to play in literally feet of snow...but I also like my warm weather. Of course, when it's just cold and not snowing, like it is right now, I prefer your snow storms! At least then you can legitimately not go to work. Haha!

It's very beautiful, you're right. I love that look of snow on the bare branches too! When there's a freezing rain or ice storm, then the branches are absolutely gorgeous in the sunlight! All that heavy ice glittering and shining like diamonds...yeah, I like when it gets like that.

Love you guys! Hope you are doing well, today probably was hard.

 
At January 28, 2009 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made it! Safe and sound. The 21-gun salute didn't get me.

I feel bad for whoever has to shovel all that. :( Springs will definitely be welcome when it comes!

Love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home