Adminswife

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

A WALK IN THE PARK, RIGHT!?!?!?!?!

Today, Dad & I took our usual two-mile walk down the street.  On our way back, a lady was starting to throw away a perfectly good watermelon.  We haven't had one this year because I refuse to pay $4 for a tiny watermelon.  But, oh I wanted one!  Dad said, "No, thank you."  I said, "Why are you throwing it out?"  It look perfectly good.  She said they were leaving for Tennessee and it would rot by the time they got back.  I wanted it.  I said, "Yes, we'll take it (turned to Tim and said), YOU can carry it home."  We laughed, took the watermelon, thanked the lady and started walking.  Then I realized that we weren't half way home yet.  Tim carried the watermelon about a mile.  He switched back and forth from each shoulder, then he carried it in his hands.  I kept offering to carry it, but he refused.  It was a man thing to take up the challenge to get it all the way back home.  I offered to hide it under a tree, walk home and take the car back to pick it up.  But, the challenge was on!

One tired watermelon carrier...

Thank you for carrying it all the way home - I will enjoy this treat thoroughly!

What do you do with a banana that is rotting minute by minute?  The answer...



Only a boy...!

3 Comments:

At August 05, 2014 4:27 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Mmmm! You have to have at least one while it's summer out. Way to go, Dad!

And as for the video: in SOCKS? Why?!! Oh, Zilla.

 
At August 05, 2014 4:29 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Erin - He wanted to do it in the kitchen and I wouldn't let him (spoil-sport, I know). I wanted the mess to be outside. Since we don't wear shoes in the house, thus the socks only! It was supposed to shoot out of the skin and fly across the grass. Nope! Just smashed on the patio. Figures!

 
At August 09, 2014 9:23 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Way impressed! That's one way to get your workout in! Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home