Adminswife

Saturday, January 31, 2009

AWANA GRAND PRIX 2009!!!!!

Today was the AWANA Grand Prix. Betsey drove all the way from Grace to watch the kids race their cars. This year, we got the cars late and had little time to make them. The kids did their own paint jobs on the cars.

Elyse's car had sparkling pink, blue and purple stripes on the top. The sides had "flowers" on it (Zachary says the flowers look like nerds). The sides of the car are green. She did the design and all the painting by herself. She did a knock-out job.

Zachary decided to paint his car all black. It was a shiny black. He also did all the painting and did a very nice job.

Neither of them won in speed. We think they came in 4th and 5th, but we aren't sure. Elyse was hoping for a design award, but she didn't get it. The winner's car was shaped like a bathtub with a polly pocket doll in the tub holding a fishing pole with a fish on the end of the line. It was really cute.

Everyone gets a participation ribbon (which is what they are holding). Zachary & Elyse are both in T & T (Truth in Training), which is 3rd to 5th graders. So, here is the T & T racers.

It was a fun day for the kids. We are all tired and feel like taking a nap. I doubt the kids will take one, but you can bet I will be!

For those of you who care, my computer was in the shop for two weeks. They replaced the motherboard and the heat something. I think it was overheating. Anyway, I tried to load pictures on my computer to write this blog, it wouldn't hold the memory card. Then I realized that the memory card slot was empty. So, I guess it is back to the repair shop for this one! Bummer! At least the price is right - FREE! Thank goodness!

I also have another appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I am going to tell him that I am not leaving until I can hear. I also will not pay another dime until all is well! Another bummer!

Hope all is well with anyone who cares to read this. Have a great rest of the weekend!

8 Comments:

At January 31, 2009 2:41 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

I just wrote a whole comment and blogger deleted it! GRRR!

Ok, the gist was...

GREAT job with the cars, kids! That design was very creative, Elyse, I never would have thought of that for my own car. And you both did such a great job with the paint jobs ALL BY YOURSELVES!

Mom, I hope you feel better soon! You tell that doctor what for. Looking forward to a positive report very very soon.

Love you all!

 
At January 31, 2009 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
What's up with the hearing? Hope you get satisfaction with the doctor.

 
At January 31, 2009 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Forgot to sign my name!
Blessings, Jane

 
At February 02, 2009 3:13 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay for Zach and Elyse! I love your car designs. Very nice!

 
At February 02, 2009 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids really did a great job with the cars. I love that they make up their own designs and do the painting themselves! I'm impressed.

It was good seeing you all! I'll have to come home again soon...maybe for Don Quijote's? Or a laundry detergent reload? ;)

Love,
Betsey

 
At February 05, 2009 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger makes me hit "retry" 9 billion times too many every time I try to comment. Poo.

Anyway, I wanted to say two things:

#1. I LOVE YOU!!!

#2. I left a comment on Lacey's blog that is partially directed at you, so you may want to check out what's being written behind your back on other people's blogs. :)

Love,
Betsey

 
At February 11, 2009 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking for new posts...with no success. I suppose you will have some new photos from this weekend? (maybe a birthday celebration or something....)

Are you and Dad doing anything special for Valentine's Day??

Love,
Betsey

 
At February 13, 2009 2:46 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Ok, Buzz, you can't EVEN complain about no updates. Missie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home