Adminswife

Friday, March 30, 2012

FRIDAY FUN!!!!!

Zachary, Elyse & I went to Navy Pier to see "The Taming of the Shrew," put on by Chicago Shakespeare Theater. We went on a school day because it was cheaper (not to mention that we didn't have to have regular school). We had to run two errands before we drove to Chicago, so we left the house pretty early. Yep, we were very early for the play. We covered from one end to the other of Navy Pier in all its glory.

Elyse, obviously, had the camera. Zachary & I walking around the indoor gardens. If you remember, our whole family walked through this last year.


Emily posted flowers on her blog, so I thought I would too. Anybody know what kind these are?


Zachary munching on organic crackers, gluten-free, made out of seeds. He loves them!


One pretty girl with her Momma.


One handsome dude next to a wilting plant.


Surprise!


Flowers in our flower bed. They are short lived because of warm weather, then a cold snap. I don't think they will come back, but we are hoping so.


The kids thought they would be bored during the play. They were quite surprised when they enjoyed it. The actors were pretty good. On the way home, we found a Biggby's Coffee shop. We knew there was one in Wisconsin, but we didn't know there was one so close to home. That is a BAD idea. I hope we forget where it is!

4 Comments:

At March 30, 2012 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great shots of you guys near the plants! You and Elyse look lovely, and you're right, Zach is one handsome man! I am part of such a good-looking family. :) Mom, your curls are looking great!

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Miss you!

love,
Betsey

 
At March 30, 2012 10:26 PM, Blogger Tim said...

So where's this Bigby's? And where's mine?

 
At March 31, 2012 2:06 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

I remember loving the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. They do a wonderful job, and I love being so close to the stage, no matter where you sit. Did they do a "student session" Q&A, where they sit on the stage after the performance and answer student's questions? I'm not sure if that was a special event we always went to or if they do that every time.

Good photos! I feel like I was just there. ;)

 
At March 31, 2012 2:51 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Erin - Yes, they did a Q&A after the performance. Nothing was asked that I wanted to know. If it wasn't rude, I would have gotten up and left. But, I couldn't do that. Biggby's was a nice treat after our outing. I'll take you there someday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home