Adminswife

Monday, August 06, 2012

TESTS AND EXPLORING!!!!!

Today was Zachary's test to enter WCA (Christian school in the area).  We don't know if he will be going there, but we are checking out all our options.  His test was supposed to be two hours long.  It was actually THREE hours.  While he was getting tested, Elyse and I went to Walmart.  We stood in front of the towel aisle for over 30 minutes trying to decide what color to buy.  Do I ever want to build my own house you ask?  NEVER!  I can't even decide what color towels to buy, let alone make decisions for a whole house.  It is hard enough for me to set up each room after a move.

At noon, we picked Zachary up and headed to Kenosha, Wisconsin, for a picnic and checking out places I found online.  I wanted to see the RED lighthouse.  Thus:

While checking out the lighthouse (which there were three of them), we saw this barge with a HUGE pipe connected to it that ran across the beach.  What it was doing, we couldn't figure it out.  But, we now know of an amazing beach to go swimming some day.  Wish we had brought our bathing suits.

Another lighthouse...

Proof I was there...
 Next, we headed to Lake Michigan shoreline that has HUGE rocks to climb on.  We had our picnic there.


Zachary's apple ended up between the rocks, too deep to fetch it...

One handsome boy in front of gorgeous blue water...

Elyse being Elyse...

Something floating in the water - too far out to determine what it was...

 
We passed a gas station and decided to fill her up.  We saved 30 cents a gallon.  Yep, you read that right - THIRTY CENTS A GALLON!  I think it is time to get out of Illinois, don't you?

Next on our tour, was Sandy's Poppers.  It was a quaint ice cream shop.  They sold popcorn, ice cream and candy that I haven't seen since I was a child (Clark's gum, Black Jack, Mello cups, etc.).  It was a fun treat.
Zachary and I had root beer float ice cream, Elyse had cookies and cream.

Isn't it a cute shop?



The final stop was BIGGBY'S!  I know, we didn't need that after the ice cream place, but that was in the original plan since we don't have them near our house. 

We had a great time!  We are exhausted!  When I got home, I decided to blog and put up the pictures - our internet decided not to work for over 30 minutes.  On Friday, we switch internet providers - we are tired of AT&T.  Can't wait to have better service AND faster service.  Come try it out with us!


6 Comments:

At August 06, 2012 8:20 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Looks like fun. I wish I could have been there! This working a whole day stuff is tiring.

 
At August 06, 2012 8:27 PM, Anonymous Luke said...

Fun! Don't expect better customer service (cause they're all bad), but maybe better internet service at least!

 
At August 06, 2012 8:35 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Luke - even if it works at all would be better than what we have now. When Dad is online tutoring, it quits all the time. He has to keep restarting his connection. VERY FRUSTRATING!

 
At August 09, 2012 6:50 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

:) Who was the photographer in the ice cream shop? Looks like you kinda had to lean into the photo to get all 3 of you in it.

Great pictures! Interested to hear what Zach's final plans are for school. Exciting!

 
At August 09, 2012 7:32 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Erin - Zachary put the camera on the trash bin. The bin was so low I thought he was taking a picture of our legs. But, it turned out pretty good, don't you think? It was a great field trip for us. Zachary was so tired after using his brain for three hours for that test. I still want to go to the zoo, but it might not happen this year. We'll see!

 
At August 09, 2012 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you guys already! Thanks for letting me crash your place, and thanks for driving me around town. You're the best family a kid could have!

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home