Adminswife

Monday, May 12, 2008

MOTHERS' DAY WEEKEND!!!!!

The whole weekend was Mother's Day. Saturday, Emily & Erin ran a 10K run in GR. We couldn't go watch because of the early hour, but we did join up with them for a cookout at L & L's house. It was a great day of family, food and fun. There were 15 of us. It was great to have everyone together.

Caleb had surgery on Friday, so we brought presents for him and Grace. Here is Caleb opening his gifts (he loves the hat Erin gave him at her wedding - he wears it all the time).

Elyse was a great helper in opening the gifts.

When we got home, the kids gave me a dozen roses and a helium balloon. They are gorgeous!

Sunday, after church, we went to Chili's. After our meal, I ordered dessert. I knew I couldn't eat it all, but it was Mothers' Day. The waitress asked if I wanted extra spoons to share the dessert. I said, "NO, WAY! It is Mothers' Day." She laughed and brought out the dessert. Of course, I couldn't finish it, so everyone had a taste anyway.

Each of my children called on Sunday to wish me a "Happy Mothers' Day." It was a GREAT weekend!

3 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 10:23 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day weekend! You deserve it! Love you!

 
At May 12, 2008 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved having the whole family together; it was a great weekend. Glad you had a good Mom's Day. I guess if you have a kid for each day of the week, you've earned an entire weekend celebration instead of just one day, huh?

Love you,
Buzz

 
At May 13, 2008 1:14 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

hehe, i like the picture.

those flowers are sure gorgeous, who got those for you? they must have been some thoughtful individuals. :P

love you, mom, and i'm glad we could all be there for mother's day. see you for graduation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home