Adminswife

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A little SNOW!!!!!

Blizzard, as you all well know. The howling winds were very loud. All day and all night the snow plows were plowing our neighbors streets (not ours, mind you).

This is our back door - we couldn't open it if we wanted. We would bury the dining room.

The swing is under a lot of snow, probably about 2 1/2 feet of it.

The snow buried our bushes completely. To open our front door, we have to push the snow away. I wonder if Zachary will love shoveling the two feet of snow on our sidewalk.

The kids were wondering if we were going to have a snow day. I haven't seen the basement yet, but if there is snow down there, we WILL be having a snow day. Silly kids!

This is me standing in the snow by the garage. It is hip high.

This is the end of my "playing" in the snow.


I am sure all of you will have pictures to show as well! Can't wait to see what you are dealing with as well.

5 Comments:

At February 02, 2011 7:22 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Today I am glad I live in a condo where snow removal is done by someone else. The path to the garage door will be bad enough.

 
At February 02, 2011 7:30 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "When I first tried to look out my window, I couldn't see a thing because there was so much snow on the window. I thought the snow was all the way up there (and I live on the second floor)."

 
At February 02, 2011 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone checked the basement yet? You crack me up, Mom. The poor kiddos will probably never see a snow day.

I can't believe you can't even see the swing! You're really snowed in there. It's still snowing hard here, but it doesn't look like we've gotten as many inches as you. But, if at all possible, I will NOT be going outside today to check and see if that is true! :)

We've got Snow Day #2 out here....loving it! :)

Elyse - you're funny. Glad the snow isn't to the second story yet!

love,
Betsey

 
At February 02, 2011 9:19 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh my goodness! You guys have me worried for you! I'll admit, we haven't seen much snow down here, though we had quite a thunderstorm yesterday that cut some power (not ours, thank goodness).

Mom, cute picture of you playing in the snow! :) I can tell you're having SO much fun.

And sorry, kids, no snow day for you. We didn't get 'em either. Maybe someday you'll be teachers and you can enjoy some snow days like Betsey! Oh, and get out there & make some tunnels; what fun!

 
At February 02, 2011 10:36 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh man, did we get snow. Dan and i are always skeptical about the forecast because they always exaggerate. This time they forecasted 8-14, and we definitely have 14, maybe more. Dan has been snowblowing our driveway and our neighbors that don't have a snowblower for an hour now. I shoveled the front walk and a path for George to go potty. It took me about a half hour. Whew! It's hard work shoveling snow. I'll hsve pictures as soon as I figure out how to use this camera!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home