Adminswife

Monday, January 03, 2011

OUR THIRD CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Friday morning, I had surgery on my left ear. It was out-patient surgery, but I was completely knocked out. I felt nothing - which I was thrilled about. I will make an appointment today for a recheck and removal of my ear plug. Just thought I would show you the aftermath of the IV that they gave me. At least it doesn't hurt, just looks awful.


Friday, we headed to Emily & Dan's house to celebrate Christmas with them (since they weren't able to attend our family Christmas on the 18th). We had a great time with them. Emily fixed a pot roast for dinner - I LOVE pot roast. We also had Boston Coolers (we can't buy Vernors in Illinois). That was a great treat! We played "Sequence" and "Bezzerwizzer" with them. Both games were pretty good. Erin & Tobin, I included a picture of Dan & Emily opening the gift from you. We enjoyed playing it.


Emily taught Elyse how to fix her hair with the curling iron Dan & Emily gave her for Christmas. Elyse is trying real hard to get some curl in her hair. She is doing a great job!


Saturday, we headed to my Mom's house. Ruth, Larry, Michelle, Kevin & Kenny joined us for the evening. Ruth made Lasagna for everyone. We played "Spanking Yoda." It was funny how each person's drawings turned out. Zachary is quite the artist. Ruth kept saying, "I need to take drawing lessons." It was a lot of fun.

My Mom always has something to repair when we get there. Zachary thought it would be funny to take a picture of me doing the repair. Go ahead, laugh at me, everyone else did.


We made a small photo album for Gma Laga. There were several pictures of each family member in my family. She really likes photos, so this was the perfect gift for her.


Sunday morning, we headed to Phil & Mimi's brand new cafe(Mimi is Amy Harbert's sister). It is called "Time on Main Street." In front of their shop, is a huge clock (thus the name "Time"). Yes, the building is located on Main Street, thus the other part of the name. Phil, Mimi's husband, is a builder. They bought an old building (150 years old), gutted it and turned it into a cafe. It is like a Starbucks. They did a great job on the upgrades. Bob, Amy & Harmonie Harbert met us there. We haven't seen their family in ages. It was good to catch up.

Here we are in "Time on Main Street."


Next the lovely ride home (six hours). Dad listened to the football game, Elyse had her DVD's, I had my DVD's and Zachary had his music. We didn't fellowship much with each other, everyone was glued to their electronics. We stopped for lunch/dinner about halfway home. Zachary got sick at my Mom's house, so he didn't feel like eating. He just had a bowl of soup. The rest of us had a full meal. When we got home, Elyse complained about not feeling well. I guess it is our turn for a round of sickies.

We enjoyed all three of our Christmas celebrations. Hope you enjoyed all of yours!

8 Comments:

At January 03, 2011 8:14 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay for new games!

Erin - Bezzerwizzer is REALLY fun. Good group game. We can't wait to break it out with our small group from church.

Mom-Sequence is now Dan and my new favorite game. It's the one game we have that we actually enjoy playing with two people. We played it Saturday and Sunday night. Current the score is Dan - 4, Emily - 3. We made an "official" score sheet to put in the box for posterity's sake. :) I took a picture took. I'll try to post it sometime soon.

Thanks everyone for good Christmas gifts!

 
At January 03, 2011 9:31 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "If you ever go to Time, and if you get the hot chocalate, be prepared for a huge cup."

 
At January 03, 2011 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! You guys are quite the travelers nowadays. What a great way to show how you value people...making the effort to go see them!

Elyse - you seriously look 15 in that picture!!! Holy cannoli!!! You are a lovely young woman. Have you been trying straightening as well, or just curling? Happy experimenting! It takes a while. I am still learning how to fix my hair!

Zach - sorry you got sick, buddy. I hope you're feeling better soon and enjoying life again. :)

Love you all! I am hoping to see you Saturday. :)

Betsey

 
At January 04, 2011 8:36 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

Merry Christmas x3! Glad you were able to spend time with Dan and Emily (missed you, D&E!), and with the Laga side of the family.

Betsey's right - Elyse, you look OLD! And beautiful!

And the coffee shop looks really nice. Glad you got to reconnect with an old friend!

 
At January 04, 2011 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,and super yuck on the hand shot, Mom. I am eagerly awaiting the day when someone discovers a painless way to deliver fluid meds.

Betsey

 
At January 05, 2011 2:55 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh my, who is that lovely lady with the curled hair??? Elyse, you look beautiful, I love the hairdo.

Mom, SO GLAD you are finally better! It's no fun recovering from the sore throat and bruises of the surgery, but I'm sure you're glad it's over with now!

Love everyone, great pictures! I'm so glad D&E liked their gift. We love Sequence as well! Great for 2 couples to play as well, if you are having a small dinner party.

 
At January 06, 2011 3:10 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh, meant to say this in the last comment...cute sweater, Mom!

 
At January 06, 2011 10:16 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

The sweater is from Emily & Dan. Everyone has complimented me on my argyle sweater (I didn't know what that was until New Year's Day). I guess I am sheltered too much these days - I never get out in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home