Adminswife

Friday, December 16, 2011

ADVENT DAY 16!!!!!

Our activity for today was to drive to Chicago and see the decorations, etc. We decided to go cheap, so I bought $2 subs from Subway yesterday. I took some snacks from the house, bananas and popcorn that Zachary won at youth group.

Our first stop was Macy's. On the outside walls, they had these huge horns:


We walked all around the outside of the building to read each window design. Usually, it is a well-read story, but this time it was for "Make a Wish Foundation." Each window had a Christmas ornament from some famous designer (a real let down, I tell you). But, we read each one anyway.

We had an hour to kill before Christkindlmarket opened up on Daley Plaza. So, we decided to check out the INSIDE of Macy's store.

We rode the elevator to the 8th floor and checked out the tree from the top.


The star:


Two cute kids we saw on the way:


The 'rents:


Looking down:


Looking up:


Looking down while on the escalator:


At the bottom was a fountain - I love fountains! Some day, I will have one in my backyard (after we win the lottery).


Elyse and her magic (I hate my picture taken).


Another shot looking down while on the escalator:


Macy's had "Santa Land." We walked up to it and the lady said it would take 40 minutes to reach Santa AFTER you got to the door. The line outside the door was about two blocks long. There was NO WAY we were waiting in line to see Santa. So, we just skipped it.


Finally, Christkindlmarket. Aren't we cute?


Our $2 subs:


$2 subs:


The wall inside the library where we ate lunch:


The other side of the room:


Looking down the elevator shaft in the parking garage:


We had to walk about two blocks underground in the parking garage to get to our car. My legs were killing me. Dad, Zachary & Elyse walked to the car and came back to pick me up. Here is a picture of how far they had to walk. After watching too many detective shows, I was sure someone was going to pick me off while I was waiting for them to come back to get me.


It was a GREAT day for me! I love going to Chicago during the Christmas holidays. We didn't take the train in order to save money. Next year, you will have to join us on our annual trek through downtown.

5 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 4:50 PM, Blogger Tim said...

A good time was had by all.

 
At December 16, 2011 4:51 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Looking down while on the escalator was c-r-e-e-p-y! Those subs were good - I especially liked the pickles. Merry Fwitmus!

 
At December 16, 2011 7:41 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

All your looking down pictures were making me dizzy! Yikes, not the biggest fan of heights.

I am SO with you on the parking garage thing! My imagination would have had me mugged or worse by the time the car got there to pick me up.

I love your scarf and both yours and Dad's coats. You look very metropolitan, you city gal you!

 
At December 16, 2011 9:01 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

I forgot to mention that the parking garage was underground. Our car was parked on the 5th floor down - the garage was a total of seven floors underground.

 
At December 19, 2011 8:07 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Looking down all of those floors makes me queezy! :) I'm such a wimp.

Looks like a great day! We put up our Christmas tree this weekend. I'll blog it soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home