Adminswife

Sunday, August 12, 2012

SUNDAY!!!!!

Finally!  I got my picnic.  A REAL picnic, outside and everything.  We left VH at 7:30 this morning.  We drove 1 1/2 hours to Valparaiso so we could attend FEBC's annual picnic.  When we saw 500 N. we knew the next traffic light was 400 N. the street the church is on.  We were driving along when Dad said, "Did I pass it?"  Come to find out, 400 N. is missing!  Yep, MISSING!  They are tearing it up and putting a bridge over Indiana 49.  If we had known about that, we would have turned on 500 N. took a side street to church.  The detour added five minutes to our drive, which meant we were going to walk into church at 9:10 instead of 9:00.  After putting our dessert on the serving table, we walked outside.  They had turned the tent around so we were actually walking into the FRONT of the congregation.  EVERYONE saw us right away.  Stevia came rushing up to us and couldn't believe we were surprising them (we hadn't told anyone that we were coming).  David Tipton was the speaker (instead of Woody, their new pastor).  It was a pretty good service.  They have a greet time.  Several people hugged us and welcomed us.  There were so many people that we didn't know.  Enjoy the few pictures we took!
Sandy & I yapping our faces off!

Zachary loved playing "Corn Hole." 

Zachary's team came in second!  Dan-0, you would have loved it.

Elyse enjoyed the jumping things.

Zachary yapping at Kevin (L) and Spencer (R)...so much has changed, huh?

Me and Megan - good talk with her!

One happy second place winner!

Please, Mom - can we go home now!  He didn't actually say that, but Kevin had already left and the tournament was over, so we started to get ready to leave.

Thankfully, they had bottled water - I hate their well water, it smells awful.
It was a great time of getting re-acquainted with people and meeting some new folks.  The Widholms moved away three weeks ago.  They are in Georgia now, pastoring a church.  Pastor Rod & Mary were in the Philippines, so we didn't get to see them.  All in all, it was a great day!

5 Comments:

At August 12, 2012 6:27 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Good times! I'm glad you (Sue) suggested going.

 
At August 13, 2012 10:45 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Actually, I barely went on the jumpy thingy. I mainly helped control traffic. Leighton is almost as tall as I am! (she is the one climbing up the slide with her back to us in the picture). Loveyoubye!"

 
At August 13, 2012 3:49 PM, Anonymous Luke Rumley said...

So that is where I got it from!! "The detour added five minutes to our drive, which meant we were going to walk into church at 9:10 instead of 9:00." 5 minute late anyway! :)

 
At August 13, 2012 3:54 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Luke: As I typed that, I knew it wasn't right, but I just kept going. What I meant was, I was planning on being there at 9:00, but the detour made us arrive at 9:10. I hate walking in late, especially since everyone was looking right at us. It was a little embarrassing.

Also, yep, that is why you are so good at math - you were teached at home!

 
At August 17, 2012 11:10 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

:) We are frequently fashionably late to church. I would say it's because they moved the time up during the summer, but I was late in the winter too; so no excuse!

Good photos; I'm glad you all went and had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home