Adminswife

Sunday, May 11, 2014

PARADES, TREATS, & MOTHERS' DAY!!!!!

On Saturday, the four of us went to Holland for the Tulip Festival.  We parked about four blocks away from the parade.  The parade was 1 1/2 hours long.  I loved the fact that they didn't throw candy at this parade (I always hated that in Portage).  There were many marching bands (my favorite part to watch).  A couple of the bands had the woodwinds interspersed with the brass.  I never saw that before.  It made the whole band sound wonderful.  The other bands that had the woodwinds in the back, were loud at first and then almost silent.  Maybe I should tell my band director this idea. 

After the parade, we were very thirsty.  We walked farther west to find a place to get a drink, and maybe a treat.  We ended up at "Crane In The City."  If you ever want an awesome treat, please go there.  Tim & I shared a cherry crisp (it wasn't made from a can, it was from fresh cherries).  We bought a 1/2 gallon of apple cider and shared it.  It was the best cider I have ever tasted.  After eating the cherry crisp, I thought the cider would be really sour.  It wasn't!  It was so good!

Of course, Elyse brought knitting along (I didn't know that she was knitting me socks for Mothers' Day right in front of me).

Our shared cherry crisp...

The camera lady being silly...

The two handsome men...

My favorite color!

Pretty girl in front of my favorite color...

It was a gorgeous day - we were definitely dressed too warm.

I'll explain this one later...

The kids and Dad got me purple tulips (the other flowers are from TWO WEEKS ago).

Heading to church in new clothes (generous gift from someone)...

Another shot of my flowers...

Opening Elyse's card...

My un-knitted socks and card...

Tim's card to me...(notice the sunburn from the parade yesterday)...

Explanation below...

Zachary made me TWENTY-SIX cards.  They were hidden all over the house and at church.  Each one thanked me for something to do with where they were hidden.  The brown one in front was in the oven.  He thanked me for all the food I made in that oven.  We didn't know it was in there.  My breakfast this morning was "Pancake Muffins."  While the batter was being made and the oven was heating up, I smelled something.  I opened the oven to find another card from Zachary.  The card turned brown (it was yellow to begin with) and the lines are from the oven rack.  If you want to read them, just let me know.  They will be covering my piano for a few weeks.

For our lunch we had steaks on the grill, baked sweet potatoes (Elyse had a regular potato), and a vegetable.  Dessert will come later.

Today all Mothers get a free sundae from Culver's.  I think we will be going there after youth group. 

Thanks to all who made my day.  Thanks for the cards, phone calls, FB updates.  It has been a great day!

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2014 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mummy! ♥ I love you so much! I'm glad you had a good time.

But, guys... your life is not complete without that cider. There are 4 amazing foods in the world:
1. Mom's homemade pizza
2. Mom's homemade bread
3. Mom's broccoli cheddar soup
4. That cider. Seriously. YOU MUST GET.

Mom's homemade pudding is probably in there somewhere too, but I can't figure out how to rate it. Is it better then the bread, or is it in between the bread and the soup?

Anyway, all I want for my birthday meal this year is that cider. A few gallons should do it.

 
At May 12, 2014 6:17 AM, Blogger Tim said...

It was a nice Mother's Day. Zach's cards were a creative hit.

 
At May 12, 2014 9:45 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

The cider & cherry dessert sound so amazing! I want to get some cider but it won't be in season when I visit in July! Booo...

Love the Mother's Day idea from Zach...and the ball of yarn from Elyse! Haha! A DIY mother's day present.

 
At May 12, 2014 2:59 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

LOVE the new outfit & jewelry, btw! Such a great picture of you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home