Adminswife

Sunday, September 28, 2014

EDITED VERSION: GRACE ADVENTURES!!!!!

Friday thru Sunday, I attended the Ladies' Retreat with our church, GBF.  There were 13 that came from our church. 

Nine of the 13...eating pumpkin corn chowder - YUM!

Hammocks for eight - my favorite!  Pick me out!
Proof that I did it!

The "cute" headlamps we wear so we can see in the dark forest!

My horseback riding buddy!

Becca & Danae...

Sandy & Penni

Try to find me!

It has been awhile, but I actually went horseback riding (Grace & Ava would be proud).  I also went for a ride in a kayak (Betsey would be proud).  The lake was smooth as glass - it was a relaxing trip around the lake.

Our group was split up into two cabins.  My cabin had six of us, the other cabin had seven.  The other cabin's toilet sprung a leak, and they were moved to another cabin at midnight Friday night. 

Saturday night, the lady across the room from my bunk, yelled out at 3:30 a.m., "Get out of here, Sue!"  I thought, "What did I do that she wants me to leave the cabin?"  I found out the next morning that her sister is named Sue.  However, her sister lives in Africa - so I guess they have unsettled issues - don't you think?

One lady that I had never met before, kept calling me Joy.  She said I was so joyful (she doesn't know me well, huh?).  After a few hours of that, I kept introducing myself as Joy.

At the coffee/tea stand, they had mint chocolate stirrers.  I didn't stir my coffee with them, I just ate them.  Every time we went by the stand, I picked up a couple.  After awhile everyone asked how many I had eaten. I would answer 75!  Everyone took a handful home.  I shared them with Tim, Z & E and four of their friends. 

When we got in the car to go home, a lady from church asked me my full name.  I said, "Joyful Sue."  She believed me.  A few minutes later, I told her that wasn't true!  Such gullible people we have at GBF.

I am home.  The kids and Tim survived.  I am exhausted.  I think retreats should end after dinner on Saturdays - I wouldn't be so tired then.

3 Comments:

At September 28, 2014 7:19 PM, Blogger Tim said...

You didn't invite me to go.

 
At October 01, 2014 10:51 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Wow! That trip looks amazing! Horse back riding & kayaking...you are the coolest!

The "sue" story made me laugh. Guess you aren't the only one with crazy nighttime moments!

 
At October 02, 2014 5:15 AM, Blogger Tim said...

I know where you are: about 18 inches to my right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home