Adminswife

Saturday, December 27, 2014

THE DAY AFTER!!!!!

We took the kids on a "mystery trip."  We packed a lunch and headed to Flint for the "Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad."  It is similar to Greenfield Village with the addition of a train ride (40 minutes). 

They won't let me have my mail...


A mill race...




Elyse likes taking pictures of sunbeams

In a little while, the sun would go down and this would look much better...

A good tree for pictures (remember the one at Rose?)

 







 
Defrosted Frosty...

More sunbeams...

The sign said not to climb...



So did this one...

A beautiful pipe organ and Christmas songs played very well...

Just like my Mom's pump organ...







Ferris wheel - the kids said, "NO WAY!"

The white building housed the carousel that went so fast it looked like they were flying.
 
Finally, the sunset!
 
A nice brother (finally).

"Look at me," I said.
 


The latest in school rooms...

"Stand in front of this giant tree, and I'll take your picture."



Eventually...
 
Love me some swings!

Zachary said he was going to jump off right in front of me.  I moved and he said for me to go back.  I don't think so!

BUDDY!

Would love a wagon train ride.



Handsome lad!

 We ended our "mystery trip" with a trip out to eat!  No pictures, sorry!

4 Comments:

At December 27, 2014 11:54 AM, Anonymous Jane said...

Looks like fun! I wondered what was there. Maybe we will take Jane Marie some day.

 
At December 27, 2014 2:48 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

So many cools and so many funs! I love those kind of villages. Such a great idea.

 
At December 27, 2014 2:49 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Btw, that was Elyse commenting.

 
At December 28, 2014 6:35 AM, Blogger Tim said...

It was a nice day. The old-time amusement rides looked like summer fun.

Jane, if you go, make reservations for the train in advance. It was booked up when we arrived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home