Adminswife

Monday, February 15, 2016

HOW?????

How has 18 years passed already?  Surely it is impossible.

I remember it well.  You were our first child to be born at home with a midwife.  After 45 hours of labor, there you were, completely navy blue and not breathing.  Dad was told to massage you while the midwife took care of me.  When you took your first breath, we were shocked and excited.  We didn't think it would happen.

We were told you might have brain damage.  That didn't happen, praise the Lord.  You did, however, have to learn to eat properly.  We worked hours on that issue alone.  You finally got the hang of it and you haven't stopped eating since.  It is a blessing to see the cabinets empty because we know you are going to be fine.

You are a very talented young man.  Your music ability amazes me and I love listening to it.  Your ability to remember all those scientific and mathematical information just blows my mind.  Brain damage - not one ounce of it!  Your service for our Lord and Savior is so much fun to watch.  GBF has never been the same since you came on board.  Thanks for serving in so many areas (music, teaching, youth group, planning trips, cleaning the youth room, etc.).

We aren't sure what we bought you for your birthday, we just clicked on what you told us to get.  I hope you enjoy those cables, connections and thingys.  Have a tremendous birthday celebration!





Happy Birthday!

5 Comments:

At February 15, 2016 3:34 PM, Blogger Elyse said...

Happy birthday, Zach!!!! (Grace says so too!)

I love you and I'm glad you can do the mathematical and biological stuff because now I don't have to fail high school. You're a great big brother.

 
At February 15, 2016 7:49 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Happy Birthday, Zach. Your birth is an amazing memory. It is wonderful to watch you serve and lead.

 
At February 17, 2016 1:42 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Z! I remember your day of birth well....and the days after even more. You and Elyse were like a dream come true to the older kids. We truly loved doting on you each and every day. I can't believe you are 18! Love you, brother!

 
At February 19, 2016 9:07 AM, Anonymous Zachary said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. Jaden asked me the other day why I had turned pale...he thought it would be cool to have a blue uncle! :)

 
At March 09, 2016 2:00 PM, Anonymous Erin B said...

Love this tribute to Zilla! He's amazing. Is he kissing those cable thingies in the last pic? Silly guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home