Adminswife

Saturday, December 02, 2006

SILLY MOMMA!!!!!

A funny thing happened in the kitchen yesterday. I was fully dressed, but wearing my robe for extra warmth. I decided to make a cup of cappuccino. While the teapot was heating up, I put my hands over it to get them warm (I do this every day). Lo and behold, my sleeve of my robe caught on fire. The flames were shooting a foot away from my arm. I screamed, started smacking my arm and the flames go out. So, be warned: Using fabric softener OR dryer sheets, can cause fire on your clothes. It doesn't leave a mark (such as a burn mark), but it does smell like fire. The flames burn off all the softener (or dryer sheets in my case) and then the fire stops. Amazing! But, you are warned - watch your dryer sheeted sleeves when warming your hands over the stove!!!!!

3 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 1:10 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh my. You one crazy lady. Don't burn to death, k? I think you need to keep more people around you so they can put you out at the right time. Alrighty, stay safe, don't die on me. At least I come by the clumsiness honestly. Sheesh.

 
At December 04, 2006 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you weren't hurt, Mom! It's a shame that while you were on fire without burning you didn't hear the voice of God. At least Moses took advantage of a crisis. Dang. I'm getting you a fire extinguisher for Christmas.

Love,
Betsey

 
At December 05, 2006 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a fire extinguisher in the pantry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home