Adminswife

Saturday, February 10, 2007

SUCH FUN!!!!!

Last night, Tim and I went to a Valentine's Banquet. The kids went to PCS (the cheerleaders were having a fundraiser called "Parents' Night Out"). Tim was to be the speaker at the banquet. Each couple had to write how they met, they would be read aloud and you had to guess which couple wrote the paper. One lady attracted her "husband-to-be" by having red toenail polish. One lady met her "husband-to-be" on the football field (and she was actually playing the game). It was a riot! The lady reading the papers was so dramatic. We laughed till our sides hurt. There were alot of "baptists" meeting while dancing (heaven forbid) and going to the movies (for shame). Here are the highlights of our "meeting" each other:


The fact is, we don't know precisely when we met.

I know when I saw her for the first time. I was visiting the college I would later attend with my church youth group. She was already a college student. She took the girls from our group up to show them the dorm. I saw her, but I don't think we spoke.

I know how we met. We had a common friend with whom I worked at a summer camp the summer before I started college. We are quite sure she introduced us, but neither of us remembers that fateful day.

We know when our first date occurred. It was during Christmas break during my junior (her senior) year. We lived near each other and I invited her to go out to a movie. We saw "Goodbye Girl," the movie one critic called "the ultimate chick flick."

Maybe we never met. After 28 years, it feels that way, we just always knew each other.


That last line got a big "awwww." Miss Sunman guessed us right.

There were prizes for who guessed the most right. Dad got one of the prizes because of his last line in his letter. He was going to share it with me, but I don't like that kind of candy.

Dad's "speech" was supposed to be light and funny. He was stressed to the max - funny, him? But, he was funny. He went around PCS and asked the kids questions about love and romance, etc. The answers were pretty funny, yet some were very profound. The kids had some advice to make a marriage work: Don't yell, have dates, kiss, etc. You know the older kids who gave the advice to have parents go out, would be left alone in the house (smart thinking).

All that to say, we had a great evening. Next weekend should be even better! Can't wait!

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2007 10:41 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

aw! how fun; you guys are great. and that last line was an awwwwww line!!! i liked it. see you next weekend WOOT!

 
At February 10, 2007 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone is interested, I put more of the kids comments on love on my blog.

 
At February 10, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Emily said...

dad is such a sweetheart!!! i love your story!

 
At February 11, 2007 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, Dad, I'm going to go check out your blog next...I was hoping to get more of the kids' lines. Sounds like you guys had a great time and did an AWESOME job running the show! Go team!!!

:)

Love,
Buzz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home