Adminswife

Thursday, April 26, 2007

I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!!!!

Remember the title of the last blog? "Kids...who needs them?" Well, even though they are a pain in the neck, I didn't mean it really. Today Elyse was supposed to go to Art class from 12:45 to 1:35. So, she went. At 1:25, I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I fell asleep on the couch. I knew when Elyse came home, she would wake me up. At 1:35, I heard the front door open, but no one came in. I immediately fell asleep again. At 2:10 the phone rang and woke me up. The caller left a message for Tim. I called Tim to give him his message. Then Zachary came upstairs and said, "Where's Elyse?" I said, "At Art." He said, "It is 2:15!" Tim said if I didn't find her to call him back. So, Zachary and I went on an Elyse hunt. I looked all through the house, I yelled out the front door, I yelled out the back door, I told Zachary to look in the garage and in the car. NO ELYSE! I started to call Tim back when I noticed that he was walking across the street with Elyse. He explained that Elyse found the door locked (it wasn't, it just sticks) and so she returned to the school. She asked to go in Mrs. Boltze's Art class because Dad was in a meeting. So, the prodigal was found. Mom & Zachary were having a heart attack. Dad told Elyse that she did the right thing in returning to the school, but she should have waited for Dad to get out of his meeting instead of going down the hall. She was already signed out of the school and they would never have looked for her if there was a fire, etc. Zachary said, "My only playmate is gone!" He would have really been devastated. So, I really didn't mean it!!!!! Heart attack over!

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 6:19 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

awww...poor lil elyse, she must have been scared pooless when she found the door locked. glad you found her and everything turned out alright!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home