Adminswife

Friday, March 16, 2007

SAD DAYS!!!!!

The funeral was awesome. Betsey was there. Several IMBC'ers too. Paul Goldsmith flew up the night before. There were four speakers (Pastor Manago, Portage High Guidance Counselor, Dan Elwood and Dad). They were great! It was a sad day. So young. It was the longest funeral service I have attended, but it was VERY good. The last song they played was Stephen Curtis Chapmans' "With Hope." You can read the lyrics at this site: http://www.christianlyricsonline.com/artists/steven-curtis-chapman/with-hope.html
At the end, Rachel's friends from school passed the casket. They couldn't control their tears, it was heart breaking to watch. Dad did the graveside service. It was short and sweet. We didn't go to the luncheon afterwards, Dad had to get back to work and I was paying a sitter (thanks Melita - the kids love you!).

We are heading to GR tonight! Can't wait.

Good news: At Curves this morning, the ladies were talking about their kids finally reaching 13 & 16 and how that was so hard on them. I said that my third grandchild would be here in September. They couldn't believe I would be old enough for a grandchild, let alone three. I told them that my son would be 26 in April. They thought I was lying. I surely didn't look old enough. What words to bless my heart!

See you Michigan people tonight and tomorrow. Exciting times! Yeah for Lacey and Caleb - good job!

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2007 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan is a junior like me and I believe he's the junior class Vice President. We've been getting email updates about him and I'm glad there's a website set up now :).

Hope you have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home