Adminswife

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 COVENANT!!!!!

We have arrived safely! We have a different cabin this year - one with a bedroom. But, the kids sleep in the bedroom and we are on a hide-a-bed in the living room. This cabin has a full kitchen (which makes my job much easier). It also has a tub (which makes shaving and washing Elyse's hair much easier). The owners promised we would have NO scorpions and NO dead cats under the cabin. We hope they are right. But, we do have an issue. The family that stayed in this cabin until we arrived had a HUGE dog. The owners moved them to our last year's cabin because we had reserved the new cabin in March, before they came on the property. The owners vacuumed and cleaned the cabin the day before we arrived. When we unpacked, I saw a huge bug on the floor by the t.v. It was big enough to be a mouse. So, I walked slowly up to it and noticed that it was a big gob of dog hair. So, I got a tissue and threw it away. When we opened the hide-a-bed it still had the old sheets on and it was full of dog hair. We pulled off the sheets and decided to put the clean one out of the closet. When we opened them, they were full of dog hair. It was late at night, so we had to sleep in it anyway. The next morning, I told the owners about it. She said she would vacuum after work - but I offered to do it now. She had already vacuumed two bags full of dog hair. I got another full bag of hair. Gross! So, we vacuumed and thought we were done with the job. When opening the bed again that night, it was full of hair AGAIN! The owners are coming today to clean and spray (we are itching like crazy - we are afraid the place if full of fleas). YIKES! What fun we are having.

Here is another advantage of living on a mountain - we have lizards that cross our deck. Elyse screamed when she saw it and made me shut the front door (just in case it wanted to check out our dog hair). Here is a picture of our new found friend:

Here he is again going into his house (which is under our kitchen). We are hoping there aren't any holes in the floor that he can enter and visit us in the night).

Do you think Tim's brother will win the election? There are a whole bunch of Rumleys here - although we don't think they are related. Are they Jon?


I have more pictures that I will blog later, but I left the memory card at the cabin. Dummy!

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Lacey Rumley said...

Glad you made it safely. Sorry about the dog hair - YUCK! Tell Elyse that hitting sticks together will make the mountain lions stay away. (Just kidding - have you seen the original Disney movie "The Parent Trap?" It's from that.) :-) You could bring us a pet lizard - the kids would love it! Wait, what am I saying???

 
At June 25, 2008 5:43 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Oh man, hope Dad isn't miserable in that dog-hair filled cabin. Is it better now? I'm glad to hear from you guys, it feels like I never have time to check the blogs with work and everything. Isn't that a new feeling? Lol. I'm adjusting, though! When are we meeting you guys? Or are you coming all the way down? I keep wanting to call you but am always afraid I will just wake you up by the time I call (10 your time). Let me know if I can, or call me sometime when you are awake, even if it's not free for me. We need to catch up a bit!

How is Dad liking classes? Love you all, stay safe and have lots of fun! Are the kids enjoying their presents? Bye for now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home