Adminswife

Saturday, August 23, 2008

LET A MAN BABYSIT?!?!?!?!?!

Emily & I went to Southfield, MI, for Jeanette's shower. It was amazing! Jeanette got alot of great things. Master Burrell will be the best equipped baby in world. The food was simply delicious. The cake - to die for.

While we were at the shower - Dad was in charge at home. He got alot of work accomplished, plus he watched the kids. For lunch, Elyse asked for her sandwich to be cut on a diagonal. So, this is what she got from Mr. Dad, the cook.

Not to be outdone - Zachary got a "Z" cut in his sandwich.

Such a creative Daddy - must be from hanging out with 250 students all day.

Emily and I had a great time yapping for four hours in the car. I even made it home safely for the last two hours of the drive. I listened to "Silas Marner" on the way there and on the way back. It is a good story, if you ever want to borrow it. It is really similar to "Les Miserables."

So, cast your vote - should Dad's watch their kids unsupervised or not?

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2008 7:22 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Looks like you did a good job, Dad. :)

I'm glad you got home safely, Mom! And that you had a good time on your trip. Sounds like Jeanette got everything she would need, which is great. Hope she is doing well. Do you have any photos from the shower?

Silas Marner...I read that one, I think. Is that about the old guy and the little girl? Maybe I only started that one and didn't finish it, because I can't remember the ending for the life of me. Is it a book on tape/CD that you are listening to? Maybe I should get something like that if I'm going to be driving up to OH in September.

Later!

 
At August 25, 2008 6:25 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Who is Welcome? Erin, did you change your name? The 17th century Puritans in New England used virtues for first names. Are you now Welcome Bolton?

You read Silas Marner in 9th grade English at PCS.

 
At August 25, 2008 8:06 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I think the sandwiches are awesome! I can totally see Dan doing something like that too! Men just must be more creative with their food than women are.

Hmmm, Silas Marner...I know I read it too, but I don't remember a think about it. I remember the Scarlet Letter, the Good Earth, and the Pearl, but good ole Silas is escaping me. You are not alone Erin!

 
At September 02, 2008 10:52 AM, Blogger Luke said...

No, men should never have to, I mean be allowed to watch kids alone. Mothers are the only ones qualified and I recommend that Dads be sent away more often to do things they enjoy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home