Adminswife

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

THE LATEST GA NEWS!!!!!

Florida was so cool (temperature wise, it was very hot). The kids loved the beach. We loved Erin & Tobin's house. Everyone was putting on sunscreen. I never put it on the kids in Indiana, so I didn't do it in Florida. BIG MISTAKE!!!!! Here is their backs (they are just able to put on shirts today and it is Wednesday - four days later).

Zachary's looks worse but they are both burned equally bad. What a mother!

On Tuesday, I took the kids to a go-kart place. I had a coupon for $2 off, but forgot to use it (I need you, Lacey). The kids loved it.

They only got five minutes around the track, but they didn't care. They were the only ones there.

I thought I would include a few pictures of our cabin. This is taken through the front door. First the living room, and the kitchen behind that. To the left is the one bedroom (which the kids sleep in because Dad has to study after they go to bed). And, we get up much earlier than they do, so we chose to sleep on the hide-a-bed.

This is the outside of our cabin. We are built on a hill (to the left in this picture). The bottom deck is our floor. Above us is a two story cabin and are they ever noisy. The owners told us that this cabin is nice, but very noisy when someone is staying upstairs. But, we wanted a little larger cabin for the same price. So, we suffer when we have loud tenants upstairs.

Tomorrow we are going to Cloudland State Park with the family we met at church. We will also have a picnic lunch with them. Dutch treat!

BTW, I am feeling much better. I had a scratchy throat (still a little scratchy). It is much better and I hope will be gone before we drive nine hours home on Saturday.

The Indians are getting restless, so I must close. Yes, Betsey, these pictures take awhile to download, but not as long as it would if we were home.

The next blog will have to come from home because I probably won't have time to write again. Type to you later!

3 Comments:

At July 10, 2008 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, poor lil sunburnt kiddos! That could be me on Saturday...I´m going to a local pool with a girl who loves to swim and never burns, so I would imagine we´ll be staying longer than my skin prefers. Maybe I´ll actually tan this time, we´ll see.

The cabin is beautiful! You guys must have quite a view!

Hope you enjoy the last few days. Tell Dad to have fun and not miss people there too much!

Love you guys,
Betsey

 
At July 10, 2008 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are almost at the end of it all. I know that you and the kids have had a good time--for the most part! Next year you will have to go back and do a "greatest hits" tour so that Tim can join you and see what he has been missing.
MC Aunt

 
At July 10, 2008 12:48 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Aw, those burns lasted way too long! I was hoping they would be gone by now. Sorry, kids! Next time we'll know better.

The cabin is very pretty...even better than what I was expecting! You guys must like it there. But you're probably ready to head home, right?

Do good on your last day and a half of classes, Dad! Love you guys, please drive carefully on your way home. Are you leaving Saturday? Wish we could have you down here again! Lots of love.

PS I like the post before this....a typo, perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home