Adminswife

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!!!!!

Yep, today is the day I turn really old! Won't tell you the number because there isn't room on the page.

Saturday, most of my children will be here for lunch to celebrate my birthday with me. Erin & Tobin won't be here because they live in Florida. But, the rest of the gang will be!

Since today is my actual birthday and we will be at AWANA tonight, we decided to "celebrate" after lunch today (Dad always eats lunch with us on Wednesdays). We didn't have my "special" choice of foods because it was lunch. Also, AWANA nights are our "hot" date nights. So, after we drop off the children at AWANA, Tim and I are going to TGI Fridays for dinner. I have a BOGO free coupon. That will be a nice treat!

Tim asked me several weeks ago what I wanted for my birthday. I told him two things, he remembered one of them. He got online and ordered the first thing I mentioned before he forgot. It came yesterday in PCS's delivery. He knew I would peek, so he had it sent to PCS.

Elyse likes to play Santa, so she gave me my gift. Zachary, my photographer, doesn't like to wait until you are ready, so I am still fixing my glasses. I even had to comb my hair before the picture was taken (at least he waited for that).

My gift (with my head chopped off) is my new Betty Crocker cookbook. My old one is missing several pages and the index is almost gone. A replacement was needed.

I am very excited about this new cookbook. It has several things in it that my old book doesn't have. My family will soon be guinea pigs again as I try new recipes. I love trying new recipes - don't know if the family appreciates eating them though.

The end of the story is: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUE! Sounds like you had a happy day! You're young compared to some of us who recently had a birthday!
Blessings,
Jane

 
At February 18, 2009 9:51 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Aw man...you got a new cookbook and I'm 1000 miles away! I wanna be a guinea pig! I have heard the Betty Crocker cookbook only gets better with time, since new things are added. What a great gift!

My my, someone is looking slim and slender! I love your outfit too...nice sweater, and those look like new jeans, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty momma!

Sorry once again for not being able to be physically present on your birthday/birthday weekend! Guess we'll have to get used to that, huh? But we're thinking of you, and glad to hear you had a good day! (how was TGI Fridays???)

 
At February 19, 2009 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All day yesterday I was thinking, "I think this is Sue's birthday" but I have misplaced my master list of those things and so I wasn't sure. So, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from your slightly older and much more senile sister-in-law. BTW, the Betty Crocker Cookbook looks wonderful. JC gave one to Heather for Christmas and now it is in Africa. She is enjoying it too.
N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home