Adminswife

Saturday, May 15, 2010

PITCHING!!!!!

The greatest pitcher on earth...

First game of the season, the A's win 16-3. Zachary pitched the first two innings (Coach was giving each boy two innings of pitching). Two of the seven innings the A's had to quit - 6 runs in an inning and they move on. If they hadn't, the score would have been 100 - 3.

Zachary's first at bat was a line drive and the guy caught it. Second time up, he walked. Third time up, he hit another line drive, but it went over the second baseman's head and he got on first. Zachary made two of the runs.

I always listen to the spectators opinions of the players (because I don't have a clue what is going on). One guy commented on Zachary's pitching: "Whoa, look how high his leg goes." Another comment: "What a great swing." When Zachary said he was cold, another man said, "Well, there's no meat on those bones, do you want to borrow my sons' coat?" Zachary had a jacket in his duffel bag, but he refuses to wear one during the games - even in the dugout.

Did I mention his high leg?


After the game, we went home to change clothes. We were to meet up with Serena's family to have a picnic and a hike. We stopped at KFC and picked up our "picnic" lunch. The park was too cold to stay too long (we stayed about 1 1/2 hours) then we headed to Serena's house for play time. I drank TWO cups of coffee - you know I am cold when I drink coffee. It was a good day.

Tim went to Karen's wedding in Muskegon. It was good for him to see family and catch up on things. Scott played the pipe organ while Laura accompanied on the piano. Tim LOVED the music.

It was a great day!

4 Comments:

At May 16, 2010 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY MOSES!!!! Zachary could be a gymnast. I can't believe he puts his leg up that high! He is seriously waaaay more flexible than me. Whoa.

Congrats to the A's! Zach won't by any chance be having a game while we'll all be there for Memorial Day? That would be fun to go see.

Love you guys!
Betsey

 
At May 16, 2010 1:17 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Wow! I don't think i can do that with my leg at all. Zach, good job buddy! Keep up the good work. Proud of you! Congrats to the A's too.

 
At May 17, 2010 8:07 AM, Blogger Emily said...

There was a time when my leg could go that high. I think those days are over! :)

Way to go,Z! Keep playing hard!

 
At May 17, 2010 8:50 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

EDIT: Zachary has never seen a picture of himself pitching. After seeing the picture, he said, "But I only kick up to my waist." He can't believe how high his leg went either. We all wondered how he didn't flip himself on his head. We crack up every time we see the picture and Zachary always says, "But I only kick up to my waist."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home