Adminswife

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Since my Christmas decorations are in Emily's basement, we decided to do the tree "Judy Lauson style." We brought in our wooden coat rack, threw a sheet over it, and made all the decorations. Isn't she bee-uuu-ti-ful?

The beginning:


The finished product:


Adding Mom to the finished product: I look kind of crabby - you KNOW I hate decorating the Christmas tree - pictures prove it!


Have a blessed Christmas with Christ in the center!

Thought I would add our fun activity today. The Morrow family invited us sledding with lunch to follow at their house. I bought boots last year so I could go sledding with the kids. On the way to the hill, we stopped at Starbucks (because we both had a gift card and wanted something to drink while sitting in the car watching the kids sled). When I finished my drink, I went to slide down the hill. Zachary walked up the hill with me because he wanted to show me the best spot to use to slide down the hill. Here I am going 100 mph. Notice the slicked hair do.

This is how I ended up. Serena was gracious enough to get it on film (or SD card).

It actually was fun and I wanted to go again, BUT, both Serena and I had to get rid of our coffee (if you know what I mean). That ended the sledding for the day. Maybe the kids and I will go again soon.

3 Comments:

At December 23, 2010 7:32 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I LOVE your tree! I'm hoping Dan and I will put one up tonight. We wanted to earlier, but we nervous of the fire hazard while we were in Florida.

 
At December 23, 2010 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite impressed by the homemade decorations! Who made them? They are lovely; I applaud your creative solution to a different situation for Christmas this year.

You and Dad are such cool parents for Z & E. :)

love,
Betsey

 
At December 23, 2010 7:53 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Paper chain - Z & E
Small Christmas trees - Z
Coloring - Me

I guess we need to thank Judy for the idea. It works for this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home