Adminswife

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Elyse was so excited to have her birthday this year. We kept telling her that she didn't turn 11 until 7:28 p.m. She didn't buy that. November 23rd is her birthday and it doesn't matter what time it is (so she says). While dinner was cooking, we let her open her present.


Elyse's choice for her birthday dinner was: Bulgogi, cheese dip with tortilla chips, Little Debbie brownies, Cookie Dough ice cream, and root beer to drink. It was way too much food! But that was her choices.

Just a side note: Since I am sick, I could only tolerate one piece of meat, 1/2 a brownie, one scoop of ice cream and two inches of root beer. It really hurt going down. I go to the doctor this morning, hopefully, I will get some relief.

Back to Elyse's special day: We got her a series of books. She LOVES books. We can't keep enough of them in her hands.

Happy 11th Birthday, Elyse!!!!!

5 Comments:

At November 24, 2010 8:00 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Fun times! What book series is it? Love you, Elyse! See you tomorrow!

 
At November 24, 2010 10:45 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Yeah, I had trouble reading the title. What series did she get?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELYSE! Love you and I'm excited to see you so very very soon!

Mom, get better soon. Sounds like (if it hurts to swallow food) you might have strep or bronchitis. I had a severe case once, but the doctor's drugs worked WONDERS. And that was after it got to the point where I couldn't breathe without difficulty. So, hoping you get a miraculous, speedy recovery and feel back to your old self soon!

 
At November 24, 2010 11:57 AM, Blogger Tim said...

I don't know what the book series is (and I am too lazy to get up and look), but it has horses and girls in it, so what could be better? I am guessing that there are no car chases, battles, or athletic contests in them either.

 
At November 24, 2010 2:24 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

The series is called "Circle C Adventures." The titles are:

Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home.
Andrea Carter and the Dangerous Decision.
Andrea Carter and the family secret.
Andrea Carter and the San Francisco Smugglers.
Andrea Carter and the Trouble with Treasure.
Andrea Carter and the Price of Truth.

She has already finished reading one of the books. She likes them very much. I guess this gift will last about two days. Oh well! We tried.

 
At November 25, 2010 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, sweet girl! I am so glad you've been around for the past 11 years. I can't believe you're almost in middle school. High school and college are just around the corner. Oh me, oh my! I love you!

Mom - sounds like you picked a good series! I'm glad she's enjoying them.

Excited about seeing all of you tonight! Hah, what a confusing holiday.

Love you!
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home