Adminswife

Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

My Valentine took his son to the auto show. Since Elyse & I were home alone, we decided to take a single lady from church out to lunch. We had a blast. We went to Corner Bakery Cafe. It is like a Panera Bread, but the food isn't as good. If we had known that, we would have headed to Panera Bread for lunch. I had a coupon for a free cookie because it was my birthday.

After ordering our food (the server was very confused), we sat down - they bring the food to your table by number. Ten minutes after our order was delivered, the server comes by with a oatmeal cookie in a bag and said he forgot to give it to us. I ordered a chocolate chip, but who cares, it was free. Then I remembered that we didn't get our lemon pound cake. I checked my receipt and sure enough, I had paid for it. That was another trip back to the ordering counter. Elyse and I split the cake when we finally got it. The cake was edible, but not as good as Starbucks pound cake - that one is to die for. In fact, I found a copycat recipe for it online. Mine was better than Corner Bakery's cake.

Elyse making faces, as usual...


We talked and laughed for three hours. It was good for the soul.

The three of us by the "fat" baker...


Ilene brought us the leftover desserts from the concert at church last night. So much for losing weight. I thought about taking the desserts to tomorrow's basketball practice and telling the boys it was for Zachary's birthday. I'll ask Zachary when he gets home if that will be all right. That way, I won't have to eat all of them.

Tomorrow is Zachary's 13th birthday. We are having baked potato pizza and root beer floats (diet root beer for Dad). All this will happen after basketball practice and tutoring - I guess we will be eating around 7:30. We got hooked on baked potato pizza when we were at Erin's house when Bristol was born. I guessed on how to make it and we enjoy it very much.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

6 Comments:

At February 14, 2011 4:00 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "In that picture, I wasn't making a face, Mom just caught me by surprise. First she took a video of me (by accident) and then she took a picture of me, and I didn't know she was taking it."

 
At February 14, 2011 6:06 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Post the video

 
At February 15, 2011 9:16 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

I've never even heard of baked potato pizza! Please share the recipe!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Zach!!! (I can't believe you have a teenager in the house again!)

 
At February 15, 2011 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a fun Valentine's! I am glad you were able to bless someone outside of the family on that day as well - what a great way to celebrate a day dedicated to loving one another!

And please, share a little bit about this crazy pizza. I cannot even understand what a baked potato pizza would be like. ???

love,
Betsey

 
At February 15, 2011 10:30 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'll just chime in too so you know the urgency...please share your recipe! I love pizzas, and I'd love to expand my repertoire!

Happy Birthday, Zach! You are growing up so fast!

 
At February 23, 2011 10:38 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

I can't believe how many posts I have missed! You probably won't even see this comment, lol. What a wonderful Valentine's Day. I bet you made that lady's day. So cute! And I'm sure the boys had fun too. Silly boys and their cars. (tobin gets mad if I call our truck a car. and i do it all the time. whoops)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home