Adminswife

Thursday, May 19, 2011

ANOTHER FIELD TRIP? - YES!!!!!

Before the field trip, Elyse was busy making a shawl for her 18" doll. She made a sash, a skirt (for the doll) and a cell phone holder (but uses it for a pen holder). She is quite the knitter (and crocheter - if those are words).


Stockinette stitch:


Garter stitch:


Z, E & I went to see a play "Robin Hood." It was put on by CYT (Christian Youth Theater). Most of the actors/actresses are homeschoolers. We were a little disappointed in the acting ability, the singing and the script. It wasn't nearly as good as "Fiddler on the Roof."


We were told to go to the Kenosha Public Museum. It would only take two hours to see it all (actually about 30 minutes). The museum was free and right on the edge of Lake Michigan. The site out the window of the museum was amazing (minus the parking lot).


One little Indian:


Two little Indians:


The rules:


As usual, a disobedient boy:


Even Mom got in the act:

Don't ask me what it was or what the point was - I have no idea!

Gutting a woolly mammoth:


A trading post with a unique customer:


This is supposed to be a giant beaver, but we thought it looked more like the rats on "Princess Bride." Do you agree?


We didn't stay too long at the museum because we had to get Elyse to her tennis lesson. We got back in town and had 45 minutes to spare. I took a much needed nap. Zachary played basketball while Elyse waited for her class to start. Elyse is getting pretty good at tennis. Just wait until she teaches you how to be a pro this weekend!

Finally, we are home. We are rushing to get this blog done while dinner is cooking. Then we need to rush to Zachary's first baseball game of the season. If I get the battery in my camera charged up really quick, I might take pictures of the game (I usually forget to take the camera, or if I remember the camera, I forget to take pictures). No guarantees!

2 Comments:

At May 20, 2011 8:35 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Elyse, you are amazing! I'm so proud of your crafty skills!

 
At May 20, 2011 11:08 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Wow, Elyse! Great job with the knitting/crocheting! And I can't wait to play tennis with you!

That beaver DEFINITELY looks like a ROUS. For sure.

So....what's going on this weekend? I'm so confused. Are you having a Memorial Day celebration early?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home