Adminswife

Saturday, April 30, 2011

CHEMISTRY CONNECTION!!!!!

Zachary and Elyse took a class in chemistry at Trinity. It was taught by a lady from our church, who is the chemistry teacher at Trinity. There were several adult helpers as well. Elyse really enjoyed the class. Zachary thought it was o.k. Today was the last day and the parents were invited to see what the students accomplished. Each student received a certificate for finishing the class. On the back of the certificate was a note written by their teacher.

Elyse was the first to get called up to receive her certificate. I took the camera with me to take pictures of everything. After Elyse sat down, Tim said, "Didn't you want to get a picture of Elyse?" Dumb mother. Of course I wanted a picture, I just forgot to take the camera out. I did, however, get a picture of Zachary receiving his certificate (no preferential treatment, just a blond mother).

Zachary receiving his certificate:


One of their projects was decorating a t-shirt. Zachary did HRK on the front (home run kids - his basketball teams name):


The back says "Rumpster #34." He now has his baseball team calling him "Rumpster."


Elyse made a design. If you enlarge this, you will see she even decorated the neckline.


She said her shirt wasn't any good because the colors ran. But, the colors were supposed to run, so it was amazing! We think she did a GREAT job! So, does her teacher!

After the program was all over, they had cake and juice for us. We had company coming at 4:45 and it was 4:40 and we had a 15 minute drive home. The kids grabbed their cake and we took off. Our company was already at the house when we arrived, oops.

Zachary & Chatham are teaching Sunday School tomorrow for the Jr. High class. They are working on their lesson right now. I hope all the laughter is just for today and not for tomorrow. But, they ARE Junior Highers...

Elyse was sad that chemistry was over. She wants to do it again next year. We will see what next year brings.

6 Comments:

At April 30, 2011 5:34 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I think the background for Elyse's t-shirt picture is really high class.

 
At May 01, 2011 8:20 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

I love Elyse's shirt! The running colors just make it look more artsy. And I love that Zilla liked his bball team so much. My sports champ!

 
At May 01, 2011 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope y'all realize what awesome children you have!

 
At May 01, 2011 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, tried to put my name on the last comment and it posted instead--and I'm not blond, so what's my excuse??
Aunt Nona

 
At May 02, 2011 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Elyse enjoyed it! She must have a more scientific mind than I do! I looove that she thought to decorate the neckline of the shirt...that is my favorite part of buying new tops is getting one with a funky, artsy neckline. She could be a designer someday!

Can't wait to see you guys at the end of this month. Tell Elyse she'd better be planning a tennis lesson for me! :)

love,
Betsey

 
At May 02, 2011 12:43 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Number one: I think I could have been a tad more creative with the neckline, I think I was brain dead that day. Yes, I am planning on a tennis lesson - I think.

Thank you, Erin! I wish you could come for Memorial Day, but yeah.

I think this is the longest comment that I have ever written!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home