Adminswife

Saturday, June 04, 2011

PICNICS AND BASEBALL!!!!!

Last night, we hosted 55 Trinity students at the hill for a cookout. Tim did the planning, we both shopped for the meat, buns, condiments, drinks and ice. Everyone else brought something to share. It was a great time meeting the students and their families. Elyse made a new friend. We were all exhausted when we got home.

Zachary had a baseball game this morning at 8:30. He played very well. It was a s-l-o-w game. In two hours we only finished three innings. That's how slow it was. Zachary was awesome. He can tell you better what happened. From my view - he was GREAT!

Here are the pictures I took (yes, I remembered the camera finally). These are all from the third inning (I forgot I had the camera before that).

Off and running...


Stealing third...


He made it to third...


Leading off, hoping to steal home...


Made it to first...


Elyse sitting in the shade of the gazebo - it was 88 degrees, but felt like 93 (according to weather.com). She has the pink hat on sitting in a lawn chair.


He scores!


The game was long and hot - I guess Zachary was bored at third...


Tonight we are taking the kids bowling - we have free passes for two games each. I won't bowl, but I just might remember the camera and take a few pictures - don't hold your breath.

4 Comments:

At June 04, 2011 3:51 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I will add that Zach pitched the fist two innings. He struck out five batters. One of the strikeouts made it to first on a dropped third strike. In the first inning, Zach ran down a base runner between second and third and tagged him out. In the second inning he caught a line drive back to the mound. So, in two innings, Zach made 7 unassisted put-outs.

 
At June 04, 2011 3:56 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "I was watching the wrong game, oops. The batter on the softball team (that I was watching) was terrible. Or, was it the pitcher? Anyway, I wasn't supposed to read the last paragraph because it was a surprise. Oops, again! Loveyoubye!"

 
At June 04, 2011 7:20 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow! Great game, Zach! I'm proud of you!

 
At June 04, 2011 9:02 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Way to go, Zilla! You are getting very tall, by the way. Where did those long legs come from??? You must have 4 more inches on or more from last year!

Elyse, did you know Betsey & I would spend baseball games under the bleachers looking for dropped coins? We would usually get enough for a concession stand run, lol. Laffy taffys, yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home