Adminswife

Saturday, June 04, 2011

SECOND POST TODAY!!!!!

We finished school on the 2nd of June. We were bound and determined to celebrate finishing another year of school, but also finishing our first AND LAST year of co-op. We kept putting it off because of school, baseball and other conflicts. Finally, TODAY was the day to celebrate.

Our local bowling alley allows kids to bowl two free games every day throughout the summer. We only have to pay to rent the shoes (if we owned our own shoes, we wouldn't have to pay anything). Today, we went bowling.

Zachary's bowling form:


Elyse's bowling form:


The first games' scores:


Proof that this is such an interesting game to watch:


The second games' scores:


You can tell by the scores of the second game that they were tired. This is also the same day that Zachary pitched two of the three innings of this morning's game. Dad & I think that one time this summer we might play one game with the kids. Neither of us are very good, so it ought to be a pretty funny game.

Hope you read my first update for today as well. Have a great rest of the weekend!

5 Comments:

At June 04, 2011 7:23 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Cool! Did you find that out from the link I sent you?

Lacey - if your kids aren't too young, you could do it too. I'm not sure which bowling alleys are participating, but I think it's a lot of them.

 
At June 04, 2011 7:29 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Emily, I think you sent me Brunswick. We have one near us, but I already signed up for Lakeside. Yes, Lacey could do it too. Can't beat free!

Bowling alleys are usually pretty stinky because of all the smoke. Lakeside doesn't allow smoking. That might be the law in this area, I don't know. All I do know is it was pretty clean and we don't smell like smoke.

 
At June 04, 2011 9:07 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Um, awesome! Free bowling?? Sounds good to me. And I must say, the score cards were CRACKING me up! Elyse takes after me when it comes to points!! I have never ever broken 100 and I am 25. Maybe she'll get there before me! Zach, you make me sooooooo angry. Breaking 100 on the first game....psh. Mom and Dad, you guys were looking so thrilled, lol. Next time I think you should definitely be playing!

(Mom, you are doing SO well remembering the camera, by the way! I'm impressed)

 
At June 08, 2011 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Erin - I'm really not sure I've ever broken 100 without the help of bumper lanes! :)

Mom, now you know why so many people smoke and drink at bowling alleys...the game itself is NOT the entertainment! :) Hah. Maybe you and Dad should "bet" favors on the scores next time to keep your interest. If Elyse breaks 40, Dad does the dishes or something.

Glad to see you're finding things in the area that the kids enjoy!

love you,
Betsey

 
At June 08, 2011 5:04 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "That's so mean, Betsey!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home