Adminswife

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BAKING DAY!!!!!

After Emily mentioned baking Artisan Bread, I decided to request the book from the library. It took weeks, but I finally got it. I tried their basic recipe yesterday. Making the dough took about five minutes. After the two hour rising time, this is what the uncooked dough looks like:


The finished product:


All different shapes and sizes:


The outside was crusty and the inside nice and chewy. Everyone LOVED eating it.

Thanks, Emily, for the heads up. We just might make more another day.

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2012 8:24 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yay! I'm glad it worked out!

Your dough looks a little too limp when it's rising. Did you let it cool in the fridge? Otherwise you might need more flour.

 
At April 10, 2012 8:06 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Emily - No, I didn't raise it in the fridge. The one in the picture, I touched and it flopped. It did bake just perfect. We ate all but two of them last night with our dinner. The other two, I gave to two friends today.

 
At April 12, 2012 9:10 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Sweet! Looks delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home