Adminswife

Saturday, April 20, 2013

FRIDAY!!!!!

What a crazy day Friday brought us.  First of all, we took Zachary out of school for the day while we checked out CHA. 

Beautiful - but then she wads it up in a pony tail, whatever!

Kids excited and ready to go...

Deer in the headlights - crazy parents...


Because of all the flooding, traffic was horrible.  We left the house around 7:00 and got to CHA around 8:30 (normally it would have taken one hour).  Z & E were to shadow students in two different classes.  The 9th & 10th grade classes are gender segregated.  So, Z went with the guys and E went with the girls.  E attended a Biology class and she knew the answers as the students reviewed for a test.  So proud!

While the kids went to classes, T & I toured the apartment.  It will work!  We need to declutter badly for lack of storage space.

After our tour, Tim spoke with a staff member, while I toured the school.  When an adult walks into a classroom, all the students have to stand up.  The student nearest the door, comes over to me, introduces himself, the teacher, and tells what class they are in and what they are studying.  It was really nice.  I felt bad for one student - she got nervous and couldn't remember what they were studying or what they learned on their field trip (even though she took extensive notes).  Poor girl!

It was good to see the school in action, the apartment and get our questions answered.

After a nap, I took four kids to Moody (yep, right back down to Chicago) for an Andy Needham concert.  The concert was amazing!  The kids loved it!  Even I liked it!  After the concert, we headed to the coolest McDonald's right near Moody.  Here are the four kids enjoying their snack:


Elyse, Suzanne, Katie and Zachary!  


Getting home at midnight, isn't as easy as it used to be.  After a latte to keep me awake while I drove home, I stayed up until 2:00 a.m.  I turned off the alarms because we were going to sleep in.  Silly me, I turned them off wrong.  So, the alarm went off at 5:20.  YIKES!  I couldn't go back to sleep, so I am hoping for a long nap this afternoon.

Tonight I am meeting FEBC friends in Munster for dinner - their treat!  That should be fun (except the drive). 

5 Comments:

At April 20, 2013 5:47 PM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Such an exciting day!

 
At April 20, 2013 6:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The McDonald's had ESCALATORS and an ELEVATOR. That's not normal.... or right...

 
At April 21, 2013 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, you crack me up. You just can't sleep in, can you?? And I am super impressed that you stayed out partying with the crazy kids. I can't even do that anymore! You're something else.

Elyse - that is pretty strange for a McDonald's. Think you're going to like living the high life in Chicago?? We don't have McD's like that here in hicksville, Indiana!

Love you guys,
Betsey

 
At April 22, 2013 11:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, Betsey, I guess so! (:

 
At April 24, 2013 8:18 AM, Blogger Emily said...

How fun! I could use a latte right now...late nights don't agree with this pregnant lady.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home