Adminswife

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

TUESDAY'S ESCAPADES!!!!!

Today, we decided to try a "new" method of preventing car sickness. Someone (Mrs. Hill) suggested garlic tablets from a health food store. We purchased them and then looked at them. They are horse pills. The sales clerk said to open each capsule and dump the powder on apple sauce - he should be able to swallow it then (which is what we do with other tablets). So, we did. Have you ever tasted ginger powder in applesauce - it isn't pleasant! After getting two glasses of water down to get rid of the taste - we were on our way to the top of Lookout Mountain to drop off Tim at school. Zachary made it to the top without puking - YEAH! But, he wanted to walk around campus a few minutes before coming back down the mountain to the motel for breakfast. So, we waited. When we got back to the motel, Zachary spit a little on the sidewalk. He said that he was going to puke. I handed him the motel key and told him to run. He made it to the potty and exploded all that water and ginger powder.

After a little rest, we went to the theatre to see "Jonah." It is free on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We had a little trouble finding the theatre, but we made it. We nearly froze during the film (I guess in the south you keep the air conditioning below freezing). We enjoyed the movie. Many of the parts in the movie were exactly like Elyse's game "Jonah." We laughed at those parts.

So, maybe I should put Zachary in a bowling ball and give him to someone else so he can be "their traveling buddy."

We are going to take a rest now and will talk to you later.

6 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be ginger root tablets, not garlic tablets.

I posted about the success going up the mountain before I read this.

 
At July 04, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Oops! "Ginger" tablets, not "garlic" tablets. At least I got the "ginger" powder part correct.

Looking for something else to do this afternoon. Hopefully, it will be fun!

 
At July 04, 2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Erin and I just had a laugh about the "traveling buddy." I can hear the pseudo-middle eastern accent as I read it. Great stuff.

Sorry Zach's still puking! Poor boy.

Erin and I had a ball today at the Fourth of July parade! :)

Love you,
Betsey

 
At July 04, 2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - we didn't get the part about the traveling buddy - was that from the Jonah game? (I never did really look at that while the kids were here playing it!) Sorry Zach is still throwing up - I didn't realize the school was at the TOP of the mountain!
Good luck! Paul says to try the patch. I still think you should try charcoal (tablets - not the kind you put in the BBQ) Paul says they go down well with lighter fluid. Ha ha.

 
At July 04, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Emily said...

ummm...i don't get any of the jonah jokes...i guess it's been too long!

 
At July 04, 2006 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at your post from Monday, and I LOVE that picture of Elyse!!! Soooo cute. I think I'll have to get a copy of that for the dorm room.

Erin and I had a GREAT Fourth of July. Very fun. Did you guys get to see the fireworks this time?? I hope so. Absolutely EVERYBODY was setting off fireworks this year! It seemed like more than ever before, really. Driving back to Portage there was smoke eveywhere. :) It was great. I love our country!

Love you too, :)
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home