Adminswife

Saturday, July 01, 2006

WE MADE IT!!!!!

I know you are just dying to hear our update, so here goes.

We left Lutz, FL, at 9:30 a.m. We got two miles down the road and Zachary wanted to stop for a rest (whatever!). So, we pulled over and he puked in the lawn (at least it wasn't the car). After 30 minutes, he decided he could go on. So, on we went. We made it another five miles and he said he had to stop. So, stop we did. He puked for another 30 minutes. I gave him some more drugs knowing he threw up the first batch. After eating a small snack he was sure we could go on. About another 30 minutes down the road, he wanted the laptop off his lap (he was playing the "Jonah" game). Elyse took it from him and he started kicking and wiggling and saying he was shaking (I must have overdosed him). So, we stopped again. After another 30 minutes, we realized that it took 1 1/2 hours to get about five or ten miles. YIKES!

When he settled down, we were able to drive the rest of the way without puking.

BUT, I was exhausted so we stopped for a 10 minute nap. It was so noisy (not from the kids) that I couldn't sleep. So, we started driving again. When we needed food, we went through the drive through so we could eat and drive at the same time.

Then came ATLANTA. It took 2 1/2 hours to drive through Atlanta. At one point, we saw a short cut using 41 (the same 41 you take to Rose). So, we took that. It was GREAT! I saw a sign that said I-75 this way. I took it. When I got back to I-75, I merged into traffic rightg behind the SAME TRUCK I left when I took the short cut. Not funny! So, two miles down the road I took another short cut. This time I didn't get back to I-75 until the next town (I think it is Merrietta). At least it saved my nerves!

We arrived at our motel. No elevators, no pool, no carts for luggage, no parking close to your room, etc. The inside of the room is cute. I think we will like it. It is bigger than our camper, but not by much.

Today, we are going grocery shopping and doing the laundry. So, it will be a day of work and resting. We also want to make a dry run to Covenant and time it. That ought to be alot of fun (tongue in cheek).

The kids are doing fairly well, even if there isn't much room for running around. Will update you as we have something to say. Love you guys and miss you muches.

4 Comments:

At July 01, 2006 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

qefiwglI think it is interesting that you post at 9:30 on Saturday morning and no one has made a comment yet:)
Glad you made it safely and especially through Atlanta. We know someone who lives in Merrietta.What fun to travel with kids!
N-Mich City

 
At July 01, 2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Lacey Rumley said...

That part you said wasn't funny was pretty funny. Glad you made it safely.

Pictures?

--
Luke

 
At July 02, 2006 5:08 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

As soon as Dad shows me how to put the pictures on this blog - I will post them.

 
At July 02, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Emily said...

i'm glad you made it safely! the hair appointment went well. i bought a tierra. we are heading the make-up appointment and photographer appointment after church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home