Adminswife

Saturday, June 30, 2007

WE ARRIVED IN MILWAUKEE!!!!!

This is our cabin. It is a two story. The upstairs has two twin beds, closet and space for the kids to play. Downstairs is a queen bed, dining room table with four chairs, a 3/4 bathroom, closet and small storage space. There is a microwave, small refrigerator and a grill out on the deck (which includes a picnic table with two benches and two rocking chairs). It is quite adequate. I didn't think it would be, but I am learning. Yes, even at this OLD age, I am learning new tricks. I can cook french toast on a grill, brown hamburger for spaghetti and even cook noodles in the microwave (thanks, Lacey). It is a real challenge, but I am meeting it well.

I can't seem to type below the pictures, so you will have to figure this out yourself. The kids are climbing the mountain that we can see out our front door. The dirt they climb on is RED, and very hard to get out of clothes and bodies. As you can see Elyse cleaning her legs and feet off in the bathroom sink. Did I mention that I don't have a kitchen? We wash hands, feet, teeth AND dishes in the bathroom sink - YUCK! The health department would frown on us.

The next picture is the upstairs of the cabin. The kids love watching DVD's on the floor. Yes it is hardwood, but they don't seem to mind. In fact, the whole cabin is made from the land around it. The foundation is made from the rocks found on the land, and the whole cabin is hardwoods from the trees in the area. It is amazing!

The picture with Zachary holding his buns was taken in Chattanooga. There are brick "things" all over the town. Last year we sent you one of them on a giant couch. This one was very hot, thus the holding of the buns.

We went to the Chattanooga Zoo one day - much like Michigand City Zoo. It took 55 minutes to cover everything and that included reading ALL the signs. It was great though. I saw enough, learned some things and wasn't too tired to do something in the afternoon. We took our lunch, but didn't need it because we weren't there long enough to eat it. It costs $12 - should have been $3, but we paid it and enjoyed our day anyway. The egret was standing in the middle of the walkway and we walked by him, could have touched him but didn't, and he just stood there following us all the way out of the display. Elyse, however, was climbing up me - if you know her, you understand what I mean.

The last three pictures are in the zoo as well. We went to the petting zoo. I drug Elyse by the hand into the zoo, she wasn't too pleased. When we got to the barn, where animals were in cages, I turned to say something to Zachary. He was no where to be found. At first I panicked, then I looked around. OUTSIDE of the petting zoo was Zachary standing because he was too scared to enter. What a joke! Elyse was with me and not afraid, what the heck. Anyway, I yelled for him, he came in and enjoyed seeing the animals in spite of being scared.

Today we are riding the Incline Railroad. Pictures will follow later. At the top of the mountain, we will go to the Battlefield of Chattanooga. Last year I took the kids and they were very moved by the display. In fact, it brought a tear to Zachary's eyes. He is so compassionate - just like his brother.

Speaking of his brother, please pray for Grace. I understand she broke her leg yesterday. Please pray and please update us if you know anything about it.

Love you all and miss you lots! I am sure you will be sorry to hear from us only once a week - we will have so much information and pictures for you to read and look at. Enjoy!












1 Comments:

At July 01, 2007 6:32 PM, Blogger Emily said...

love the update, mom! The cabin is very cute! I didn't know you could cook noodles in the microwave..cool! Keep in touch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home