Adminswife

Thursday, July 05, 2007

SMELLS!!!!

We came home from picking up Tim and the cabin smelled horrible. I thought it was the garbage, so I had the kids take it to the trash bin down the hill. But, we still stunk. So, I moved the frig and washed the floor. We still stink! So, we went to bed thinking it was the septic tank and we would talk to the owners tomorrow and let them know.

The next day the owner came to check it out. Under the cabin is a crawl space where the water heater and plumbing is located. There was the smell. A picture to follow:


Zachary is afraid you can't figure out what the smell was - it was a dead cat! No telling how it got in there and what it died of (probably starved to death).

The kids met some neighbors. One family has seven kids, the other family has three. Tim and I decided to take a walk and there were 11 kids playing on the mountain. I should have taken a picture, but I forgot.

Nothing happened today - just grocery shopping, etc. Will post again when we have something more newsworthy to say.

4 Comments:

At July 05, 2007 5:08 PM, Blogger Emily said...

that it truly disgusting! how long had the cat been dead? wouldn't they start smelling right away?

 
At July 06, 2007 1:55 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

I guess not because it wasn't there when we got there. The kids see it going in and out all the time, so who knows what happened. But it sure did stink. Glad that is over. You would love this place, it is amazing, just like you!

 
At July 06, 2007 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that cat is just nasty!
Sorry I haven't been updating my blog or emailing. I'll go send you something right now! Sounds like you are keeping busy and having a pretty good time. Kevin has enjoying looking over my shoulder whenever I visit your blog. He misses Zach and likes seeing the pictures you have been posting. Okay, off to my email!

 
At July 07, 2007 11:11 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

grooooooooss! poor little dead kitty. that picture is so sad. i'm glad to hear the kids are having fun though. that's a lot of children, by the by. population control, people. seriously. love you guys, miss you! have a great rest-of-your-vacation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home