Adminswife

Thursday, February 19, 2009

DID I SAY "BLIZZARD?"!!!!!

Before we went to AWANA, it started snowing a little. It was pretty, but not sticking. Tim & I took the kids to AWANA and headed out to eat at TGI Fridays. TGI Fridays was good. Tim's dessert was to die for - he even rated it a "5." Amazing! We had a good time eating, talking and just relaxing. It was very good!

Leaving the restaurant, the snow was starting to stick. We went to FEBC to pick up the kids. They were slow getting out. As we started to turn on 49, we couldn't get any traction. It was snowing pretty good. At times, it was blinding. We were speeding down 49 at the fast rate of 20 mph. We missed the exit to Rt. 6 because the guy in front of us spun out (sp). So, we headed to Chesterton. It was slow moving. We decided to take a side street. Down the road in front of us, a car was in the ditch and they were trying to get it out, which blocked the whole road for us. That took about 10 minutes - we were getting a huge line of cars behind us.

All of that to say, the normal 20-30 minute drive home from church took us 1 1/2 hours. At home, it was about four inches deep and the snow was stopping. There will be school today - although you wouldn't have thought so last night. BTW, you kids coming on Saturday, watch the weather. There is supposed to be another storm coming through Friday night to Saturday morning. Be careful!

4 Comments:

At February 19, 2009 7:11 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow! Crazy! We are getting a blizzard right now on the lakeshore. But if you drive 8 miles east, there is no snow. Winter is so crazy sometimes!

 
At February 19, 2009 9:52 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Goodness. I'm glad you all made it home ok. So what dessert did Dad get? I need to know for the next time I go, :).

Stay safe!

 
At February 19, 2009 11:11 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Erin, that would be vanilla bean cheesecake, which is deceptively named. I almost overlooked it because vanilla and cheesecake did not sound like a good combination. When I read the description I found that it is topped with white chocolate mouse and shavings of white chocolate. It was amazing. Remember, all "5's" contain chocolate!

 
At February 20, 2009 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Mom!!! I have been so psyched for coming home for your birthday on Saturday that I forgot that Saturday isn't your actual birthday!!! I feel so bad now because I missed it.

I'm sorry!!! I do love and am glad you enjoyed the first part of your birthday celebration. I promise, there is more to come...

Love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home