Adminswife

Sunday, March 29, 2009

FLOATING FRIDAYS!!!!!!

Betsey came home on Friday to watch the kids for us. Dad & I went to Pestos with Uncle Jon & Aunt Nona. We had a great time. Well, it seems the kids had a great time too.

Last week, Elyse made boats out of construction paper. They were very detailed with designs and bows on them. She tried to float them in the bathroom sink downstairs, but paper doesn't float too well. When Betsey was watching the kids, they decided to try to float the boats again. So, all three of them made their own boats and timed them to see whose floated the longest.

Elyse is sad because her boat is sinking.

Betsey and her creative mind with Elyse and her artsy ideas! Betsey painted nail strengthener on the bottom of her boat - so hers lasted longer in the water.

Does this remind you of "Anne of Green Gables" and the time she tried to act out a play and her boat sunk?

Zachary even got in on the action. They had a great time!

Help!!!!!

Dad & Elyse are still very sick. Elyse & I are staying home from church today. She is still throwing up and coughing. Dad has to teach Sunday School, or he would be staying home with Elyse, and Zachary & I would be going to church. Zachary and I are not sick. We were going to have Jan & Jay King over for lunch after church today, but we canceled because of the sickies. We will reschedule with them another time.

Yesterday's weather man said we might get an inch of snow. Usually they are wrong, so we didn't think another thing about it. This morning, the snow is coming down like crazy. Now they say we are going to get two to four inches. Crazy! I took pictures of it because who would have believed that on March 29th, the weatherman would be right!

And it is still coming down in buckets! We might get our four inches yet. I am sure you Michigan people are getting snow as well. Hope your ride to church isn't too bad!

I just talked to Erin and she is having gorgeous sunshine today. She has to work because it rained all last week. Tobin is taking their house guests to the airport. So, both of them will be missing church today. They really like their church, we did too when we visited there.

Have a super Lord's day!

4 Comments:

At March 29, 2009 10:10 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Yay, thanks for entertaining me at work, Mom! Hahahaha, those boat stories and pictures cracked me up! They do remind me of the Anne story; and the little sinking dolls are hilarious. How does Elyse come up with this stuff??? Betsey's great with jumping in and coming up with creative games for them to play.

Snow! It is sunny and not a cloud in the sky down here. Of course, it's kind of cool (in the 60's) and it's been raining all week. Can't complain, though! It was raining yesterday morning, but then it started to clear up so we all went down to the beach, and WOW the waves were huge (dangerous surf, signs were up saying not to go in the gulf), but the boys went in anyway and had a GREAT time. I was cold, so I didn't go in. :)

Almost time for lunch...we're going to get the puppy then! Then I just have to be at work for a little while longer and I'm done for the day. Yay!

 
At March 29, 2009 2:11 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Erin you are working on Sunday?? I guess you gotta do what you gotta do though!

The boats were very creative! What a fun idea! I should get Elyse a book on origami. I think she'd like that.

 
At March 31, 2009 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom - I was totally thinking Anne of Green Gables when Elyse put her doll in the boat! Great minds, Mom... I was also thinking, "Your boat kinda already looks like it's sinking....hey, maybe you shouldn't add weight to that??"

We could fly in Tobin to rescue Polly Pocket from the sinking white boat. I hear he's an expert with that kind of thing.

So much fun! Thanks for doing my laundry while I was home!!!

And I have to give credit for the boats to Zach and Elyse. They came up with it!

Love,
Betsey

 
At April 07, 2009 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be back for a bit on Monday....prepare for more toys to drown!!!

:)

Love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home