Adminswife

Sunday, March 15, 2009

MORE WORK DONE!!!!!

This weekend we worked on the house again. I started on Elyse's room on Friday night. I finished it up around 3:00 Saturday afternoon. Yep, it was that much work. I left several things in her room for now, but we have informed her that they aren't moving with us. She is a little upset. But, we just won't have room for all of her "treasures."

Here is the finished project:

Elyse is into rearranging her room, so it won't look like this for long. She loves to move furniture and her things. I even straightened out the closet (sorry, no picture).

Dad spent Saturday doing odd jobs to get us ready to move. He replaced two screens, worked on mold removal, fixed closet door handles, and three kitchen cabinet hinges (now all the doors remain closed when I want them closed - no more hitting you in the face when you forget they open by themselves). Those jobs took him all day.

Saturday night was the Chili Dinner at PCS. After the dinner, they held an auction for all kinds of baked goods with the money going to the athletic department. Dad was the auctioneer. He did a great job! I tried to bid on a fresh peach pie, but was outbid by Kara Spencer. I had made six poppy seed breads for the sale. Two of them bombed, so we "had" to eat them. I ended up taking four of them to the auction. Dad auctioned them off as one package. Kara Spencer knew that we wouldn't be handing them out for Christmas, so she wanted the "last" ones she could get her hands on. I think they sold for $22. I bid on a "Mock Eclair" concoction. I stopped at $10, the bidding kept going. Dad said that I couldn't bid anymore. I thought he was serious, but he wasn't. So, I tried again. I got the 9 x 13 pan of Mock Eclair for the low, low price of $25. Boy, is it ever good (plus I get to keep the brand new pan it came in). I think I got a good deal. So much for losing weight though. We were trying to think of people to come over this evening to help us eat it (we surely don't want the weight gain from eating it all, although it would be very good going down - we just don't want it to stay). There were two fresh peach pies. The first one sold for $4, the second one was a fight between me and Kara Spencer. She won for $25. After the auction was over, Mrs. Grafton (the winner of the $4 peach pie) gave it to me. She didn't want the pie, just wanted to give money to the Athletic Department. So, I got both the pie and the mock eclair - we definitely need someone to help us eat these great desserts. The auction made over $260. We had a great time!

We had 21 things on our list of repairs to the house before we list it. We are down to 12 more things to do. Any volunteers to get the list shorter yet? The realtor is coming on Monday morning to see the house, talk about prices and get us to sign papers to list the house. Pray we get a good price for the house, we will need the money.

Tuesday, is the day for the tubes. Maybe I will hear perfectly on Tuesday afternoon. Call me and see if I do!

3 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 8:30 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I see why you wanted us to come over for dessert! They both sound scrumptious! Are either able to be frozen for alter? I kind of doubt it, but it's a thought.

 
At March 16, 2009 9:41 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Don't volunteer to help with the house, we are not going to sell the house and we don't need any help since we aren't going to sell the house."

(In other words, she doesn't want to move).

 
At March 19, 2009 9:15 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

You are doing such a great job. The house is almost ready! Only 12 things left to do, not bad.

Oh, and I definitely want some dessert! Darn. That's a TON of money for a pie or eclair, but then again it was going to a good cause! Plus they sound awesome. Enjoy!

Love you guys...we are home safely and glad to be back. I will call soon to hear details about what's going on with you. I'm glad to hear maybe the tubes aren't necessary. Yay! Love you, ttyl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home