Adminswife

Sunday, August 23, 2009

SPIRITUAL GROWTH!!!!!

We traveled to Portage today. The roof looks nice on the house. Hopefully, it will produce buyers.

Dad preached at FEBC - he was amazing! Just before the message, Dad had the privilege of baptizing Elyse. Pastor Rod graciously agreed to let Dad do the baptizing. What an honor!

Betsey and Micah came all the way from Ft. Wayne to see her. It was good to see them again. We missed L & L's family, D & E, and T & E. But, we understand fully why you couldn't make it. It was an awesome day.

Elyse gave her testimony, plus answered several questions before she was dunked. Dad was explaining the significance of the baptism and the picture of Christ's death, burial and resurrection. Then he said, "And I will keep you under less than three days." Funny man!

A brave little girl, she gave good answers to all the questions. Here's the dunk - under three days:

After the baptism, Elyse & I walked to the restroom so she could change. While she was getting her wet things off and drying off, I was passing her church clothes under the bathroom stall door for her to get dressed. She said, "Where's my underwear?" Oh, oh! We didn't bring any dry underwear. So, I took the blow dryer and started drying her underwear she wore in the baptism and decided NOT to dry her hair. She wore them a little damp, but she didn't mind too much.

After church and donut time (they don't have Sunday School in August), we left for Arlene St. We changed our clothes and headed over to Miss Sunderman's for lunch. While we were there, someone went in our Portage house. They didn't take anything (because there is nothing to take), but they left signs that they were there. The bathroom door between the master bedroom and the bathroom was left open (I know I shut it before we left for lunch). They messed up a stack of brochures on the kitchen counter that I had just straightened up. They opened shades in the bedroom that I had closed. We don't know who was in there - hopefully a prospective buyer. The realtor is supposed to call us before ANYONE goes in, but this is the 3rd time they haven't called us.

Tim worked a little on the house and yard then took a nap. Zachary played with Jeffrey. Elyse read a book in the Arlene house. I stayed at Miss Sunderman's house for a long overdue visit. We were hungry after all that time, so we stopped at Wendy's for a snack. Then we headed to First of Portage for their Sunday night's service where the children put on a musical. It was cute. There were 12 children in the program. It was a musical about memorizing Scripture. Then we headed home. It took 95 minutes to get home on a Sunday night. Not bad for all the construction and traffic.

Hope you all had a GREAT Lord's Day too.

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2009 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good seeing each of you for a little bit! I am so proud of Elyse for wanting to make that public statement and commitment. Atta girl!

I hope you enjoyed your time in Portage. Is it weird, being back at the empty house and knowing you don't live there anymore? Maybe moreso for the kids than the parents.

Hopefully we'll see you all soon!

love,
Betsey

 
At August 24, 2009 7:52 AM, Blogger Emily said...

What a great day! Sad to ahve missed it!

 
At August 24, 2009 9:05 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Aw, yay! Great day. Way to go, Elyse, I'm way proud of you! And it makes me sad to think of the house all empty. I'm glad you guys can still go in to see it. I hope it sells soon; but I'll miss it! Glad to hear the roof looks good. You'll be getting an offer soon, I'm sure.

 
At September 01, 2009 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pics are way better than mine, by the way. If you still want mine, I can send them. But I like your close-ups!

Same with Dan's baptism. I have two shots of him giving his testimony if you would like them.


love,
Buzz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home