Adminswife

Monday, August 17, 2009

NEW RECIPE!!!!!

I tried this new recipe that I copied from someone's blog. I didn't print the name of it, so I don't know what to call it. But, it was amazing! It rated a "4" at our house (even Elyse rated it a "4").

So, here it is:

1 pound ground beef
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
1 cup salsa
6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
4 cups (16 oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican cheese)

Brown meat, drain and add enchilada sauce and salsa, set aside.

Please two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Cover with 1/3 of the meat mixture, top with 1 cup corn, sprinkle with 1 1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.



We made it and it will feed us two meals. Maybe it could be cut in half and put in an 8x8 pan instead - don't know. But, it was really good.

2 Comments:

At August 17, 2009 1:44 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Mmmmm. I'm making a similar style dish sometime this week or next, but with chicken instead of gr beef. I think yours is healthier, mine has cream cheese in it. If Elyse said it was a 4, then you know it was somethin'! She's like Mikey...

 
At August 18, 2009 7:05 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Yummy! I'll have to try it. I made a similar dish last night that is meatless. I used black beans instead of meat. It makes the meal a little cheaper and still gets the protein in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home