Adminswife

Friday, August 14, 2009

END OF FIRST SHOPPING SPREE!!!!!

I hit three stores today, Dominicks, Jewel-Osco and Aldi. At Dominicks, I spent $14.98 and saved $10.50. I got $1 off each Mott's apple juice if I bought five (no problem, Elyse loves it). Usually I think both Dominicks and Jewel-Osco are expensive. I have decided I would only hit those stores for their sales, or great coupon offers (because Aldi doesn't take coupons). OK, Jewel-Osco deals: I spent $19.32 but saved $19.24. I almost beat the savings there. Then I hit Aldi and spent $51.23. I am not going to put up pictures like you do because I already put the stuff away. But, I think overall, I did pretty good.

Without coupons, Aldi certainly beats the other two stores. The only way Aldi loses is with coupons or sales. So, I watch the papers each week and that is what we eat.

My cupboard, freezer and fridge space is very small. I won't be able to stock up much around here. Right now I have eight bottles of Mott's Apple Juice sitting on the kitchen work table. I guess I could start putting things downstairs, but then I would forget I had it and I would buy more.

I need to get something to hold the coupons though. My checkbook just isn't cutting it. Thanks girls for teaching an old dog new tricks - still learning though.

This week I am trying a few new recipes. They are "Ginger sesame chicken, Tomato/Green Bean salad, Olive pepperoni spread, and gourmet scrambled eggs." Not sure if these are going to be lunch or dinner or a side dish, but we will enjoy them no matter when we eat them.

So, that is it in a nutshell.

4 Comments:

At August 14, 2009 12:06 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Geeeeez. This stuff comes naturally to you girls, I swear. I'm missing the coupon gene, I think. Great job, Mom! I would like a glass of apple juice, please!

 
At August 14, 2009 12:31 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Great run, mom! Ok, so you spent $85.53 on groceries for this week. Now you have a baseline for your shopping. Try to come in at $85 or less every week. You may find you can widdle it down every farther.

Yay for you!

 
At August 14, 2009 1:02 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

I may have spent $85 this week, but I didn't buy any meat. My freezer is full right now, so I skipped that department. When I get some of my freezer jam eaten, we will have alot more room. BTW, we had some this morning - it is to die for. It would be good on ice cream too.

I am making fudge pops right now. I'll let you know if they are worth making again.

 
At August 15, 2009 6:13 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Fudge pops? Elyse hated them, Zachary, Dad & I thought they were o.k. But, it was a fun treat.

My "ginger sesame chicken" was o.k. Dad doesn't like stir-fry things, so he tolerated it. Zachary & I thought it was good. Ratings:
Elyse 1 1/2
Zachary 3 1/2
Dad 3 1/2
Mom 4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home