Adminswife

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HOME AGAIN!!!!!!

These are the final pictures of our trip.

Zachary & Elyse eating our "nourishing" breakfast. Cheese & crackers, apple juice and Klondike bars (we needed to get rid of them before we left for VH).

When we got home, Mrs. Spider was working hard and made a HUGE web. It went from one bush to another (across the sidewalk) and from the bush to the deck on the second floor. She was sitting in the middle of the web. I cut the "web strings" from one of the bushes, and she took off for the deck upstairs. I guess she will sleep with us (the deck is off the master bedroom). I hope you can see her in the center of the web.

We are back in VH now. We installed the bookshelves that we took from Arlene's family room. We spackled the wall there and plan to paint the wall on our next trip to Portage. We are also getting three estimates on a new roof. The realtor thinks that will help sell the place (we agree - all offers mentioned the rotten-looking roof). I just wish we had done it when we lived there so we could enjoy it. Live and learn!

Tomorrow we move some more books to the den (where we put the desk and shelves from the family room in Portage). After that, I hope we are done moving things. My back is still killing me. I wish I could soak it in the tub, but then I would drown.

Keep our house in your prayers. A GREAT offer would be wonderful.

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2009 9:05 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Klondike bars for breakfast sound wonderful.

Ew to Mrs. Spider, I'm not a fan.

Haha, it sounds like you took some old lady's stuff (Arlene's)...hehehe!

And sorry to hear about the roofing work on the house...boo! Hopefully that repair will encourage people to put in offers, even though it doesn't seem like it is necessary.

Love you guys!

 
At August 13, 2009 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shudder* I can totally see how huge and awful that spider is! Ewwww. Getting the creepy-crawlies just looking at the picture.

Good to see you made it back home!

love you,
Betsey

 
At August 13, 2009 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, btw, I am VERY proud of Zach and Elyse for handling all the big-kid water slides and the lily pads at the water park! They're not big sissies like me, I guess! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun; I enjoyed the videos.

I do believe I was told as a child that roasting marshmallows over candles was toxic. Unless you all are sick and dying now, I was lied to!

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home