Adminswife

Thursday, August 13, 2009

FIRST COUPON RUN!!!!!

All right Lacey and Emily, you talked me into it (at least I have begun).

First trip was Target. After coupons, I got bananas for 43 cents a pound, mayonnaise for 99 cents and 3# apples for $1 a pound. The apples weren't such a hot deal, but at least I saved a few cents. I bought alot of other things we needed, but they were just regular price.

So, how did I do on my first trip? Someday, I will get as good as you. If I had bought less bananas, they would have been free. But, I need enough to last a week, so I bought more.

I'm waiting for frugonomics to open up. Now that you had your week sabbatical, what's taking you so long (jk)?

4 Comments:

At August 13, 2009 4:02 PM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Niiiiice. I hope you guys eat your bananas faster than we do! We don't; in fact, we sometimes have ones get so old you can't even make banana bread out of them! Yuck. But when we remember to eat them, they are GREAT as a snack, in cereal, in shakes/smoothies, and in breads!

 
At August 14, 2009 7:31 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Nice work, mom! I do like that Target has coupons on produce fairly regularly (or so it seems). I can only remember 1 coupon on fresh pinapple at Meijer. Way to go!

 
At August 14, 2009 8:23 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

MOM - good job! Emily's right about the fresh produce; I don't think I've ever used a coupon for fresh produce. (Although our Target stores in GR don't have fresh produce. You're lucky! Em - does your Target have produce?)

Erin - if you think of it, you can freeze bananas before they're TOO bad if you don't have time to make bread. I freeze mine whole in the peel for banana bread (and then thaw and peel when I'm ready to make the bread), and I also slice and freeze them individually and then dump them into a gallon ziploc to use in smoothies. YUM!

 
At August 14, 2009 8:24 AM, Anonymous Lacey said...

OH, and I have no idea when Frugonomics will be ready...Maybe someday after I get my house clean and the laundry done? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home