Adminswife

Friday, February 05, 2010

THE DAY IN THE LIFE OF.....!!!!!

Lacey wrote such a fun blog about how her day goes! Emily, Zachary & Elyse wanted me to do the same. It won't be as much fun as Lacey's was, but you can see how much we do in a day. If you are like us, after reading it, you will be exhausted.

6:30
– alarm goes off for me only, get up, shower, have devotions

7:00 – check emails, blogs and weather

7:50 – wake up kids

8:00 – start school while waiting for Dan & Emily to get up for breakfast. School at Emily's house is in the spare bedroom. Zachary sleeps on the floor, Elyse sleeps in the twin bed. In the morning, we have to put Zachary's make-shift bed on top of Elyse's bed in order to have room for the school table.

8:30 – breakfast, clean kitchen (here's our lovely crew with our mouths full - we are eating yummy banana bread)

8:50 – brush teeth, comb hair, get coats on

9:00 – drive Emily to work (one hour away)

10:00 – drop Emily at work, head to grocery store

10:45 – arrive at grocery store

11:15 – head back to Grand Haven

11:45 – arrive at Grand Haven, unpack groceries

12:00 – finish school (Elyse likes to read her Bible on top of both beds - it is a real balancing act).

While Emily & Dan are at work, we take care of George. George likes to do school with Zachary.

That is George's favorite soccer ball. We are tempted to throw it away, he has learned to squeak it and it is very annoying (thanks Titus and Rogue).

12:30 – pack for weekend in Vernon Hills.

Even George takes in a reading lesson or two.

1:00 – make lunch, clean kitchen again

1:30 – check email

2:00 – run to Walmart (to get things Meijer’s didn’t have)

3:30 – go get Emily at therapy

4:30 – arrive in Grand Haven, make dinner

6:00 – eat dinner, clean kitchen again

7:00 – relax, read, play table games

9:30 – get ready for bed, read for awhile until I fall asleep

Now wasn't that boring? At least you can see how much driving we have to do each day. Thankfully, Emily got Dan, Luke and friends to do some of the driving. Or there would be more driving instead of getting other things done. Thanks to Luke, Dan and Deb for helping with the driving.

And finally, our new living room! We have a new couch, loveseat, two end tables, two lamps and two pillows. Do you like it?

Zachary, Elyse and I are home for the weekend. We have LOTS of sorting and putting things away. We are THRILLED our new couch and loveseat has arrived. The living room shrunk while we were gone (lol).

We will be at Emily's until the 19th. I won't be updating another "day in the life of" so you won't have to be bored again. Thanks for reading!

6 Comments:

At February 05, 2010 9:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the new livingroom!

 
At February 06, 2010 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new furniture is SO pretty! And the wood on the new end tables seems to match your cedar chest - not too shabby!

I looove the pictures of George doing school. Very cute! His ears are looking back to normal; that's nice to see.

Yeah, I thought about doing a day in the life of thing, too, but I think it would definitely bore people! I liked reading yours. It's nice hearing about things that I don't have to do! (hah - I say that as a LARGE pile of dishes is waiting for me in the kitchen)

Always nice hearing from you. Enjoy your weekend at home! What will Zach do without George once you guys go home?? I think that lil guy needs a dog....

Love,
Betsey

 
At February 08, 2010 8:52 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

Shooeee, that's too much driving for me! That's why I live 1.5 miles away from work. :)

CUTE living room! I'm assuming one of those lamps is an older one...don't think they delivered one silver & one gold lamp to you guys. Love the couch & the whole set! Good purchase.

Aw, it's so cute to see George doing school with Zach! I'm sure Titus would love to do the same thing. But unless you guys get a poodle or maltese, poor Dad would be miserable.

I MISS YOU ALL. We should live closer to each other, sheesh.

 
At February 08, 2010 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get a dog, Zach can come do homework with him/her. :)

I miss you guys! Hope your driving goes well today. One of Micah's friends just loaned me 14 discs of "Everything Your History Teacher Told You Is Wrong" to listen to in the car while I drive. That ought to keep me busy for a while! :)

I miss you guys a lot. We should get together sometime this month. Maybe before you guys leave Grand Rapids?

love,
Betsey

 
At February 11, 2010 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,

Dad saved my rear tonight by getting me another recipe of yours. Can't quite get the hang of this living on my own thing. ;) Thanks for sharing all your kitchen wisdom!

love you and miss you,
Betsey

 
At February 12, 2010 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, your "Day in the Life Of" is going to sound different in a week! Are you going to go back to getting up at 5:30, or has the good life spoiled you?? If I were you, I would stick with 6:30. Definitely!

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home