Adminswife

Sunday, May 30, 2010

MEMORIAL WEEKEND!!!!!

Emily arrived on Thursday, Betsey & Micah arrived on Saturday to spend the weekend with us. It IS great to have our children here with us. We missed Luke's family and Erin's family.

Friday, Emily, Elyse & I went to IKEA. We didn't spend much money (a good thing from the husband's point of view), but we had a good time looking. About halfway through the first floor, Elyse was ready to go home. She was a little bored.

At 5:30, we went to Zachary's baseball game. They won! This is a tournament against the adjoining town, Mundelein.

Saturday afternoon we went to another game. Betsey & Micah were on their way - they only missed the first half hour of the game. Zachary pitched the first two innings. He did a great job at first base as well. He got the three batters out at first - one, two, three - the inning was over. It was great to watch. Not thinking, we didn't put on any sunscreen. We came home pretty sunburned. I had an umbrella to prevent me from getting too much sun. The tops of my feet and my shins are pretty burned. Emily got the worst of it. The good part was that Zachary's team won again.

We decided to have our Memorial picnic on Saturday since everyone that was coming was here and they would be leaving on Monday. It was PERFECT weather. It was about 80 degrees, but there was a good wind and we had a picnic shelter to sit under. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, coleslaw, chips, corn on the cob, fresh pineapple, Vernors and Coke. It was very good. The "old" people enjoyed the weather and chilling, the two kids were bored.

Since you who weren't here, you haven't met Zelda. She is a very good puppy. She knows three tricks already. She doesn't walk or run, she prances. Maybe she is part deer. George was very gentle with her. He was a bit jealous though. Every time Zelda was called, George came. It was kind of funny. He wanted to make sure he was petted just the same as her.

George found his favorite part in our house (where the sun was). He didn't like it when I shut the blinds, I was just trying to prevent my carpet from being bleached.


Two puppies getting along:


George was so nice to share his new bed. He didn't even complain.

A better picture of Zelda's face. She loves to curl up anywhere near a human. Usually in your lap. She weighs about 8 pounds. She is so tiny compared to George.

Betsey & Elyse are making dog biscuits right now. George loved them the last time we made them. Hopefully, Zelda will think the same.


Zachary's team had two games scheduled this morning (Sunday). We don't let him play on Sunday when it is church time. If the games were this afternoon, that would have been o.k. We don't know the outcome of the tournament as yet. I guess we will have to wait until the game on Tuesday.

We had a great morning at church. Several people met Emily and were thankful their prayers were answered. Pastor decided NOT to sing his benediction. I told the kids I would have him sing it in the foyer after church. They told me not to, they didn't want a private concert. He would have done it though, he is just that kind of guy.

It was and is a great day! Betsey & Micah will leave tomorrow after lunch. Emily won't leave until Tuesday. Hope your Memorial Weekend was amazing as ours!

Elyse wants to see who knows there history. Can anyone guess who this is?

4 Comments:

At May 30, 2010 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can I have the recipe for dog biscuits?

 
At June 02, 2010 8:36 AM, Blogger Tobin and Erin said...

:) This post made me happy. I can't wait to see everyone again! Zelda is a CUUUUTIE! And George was so sweet, letting her sleep on his bed with him. Awwwwww! I love the pictures, thanks for posting them.

We had a good Memorial Day weekend, kept pretty busy. Tobin's back in the sim today, getting ready for his last two flights (which probably won't be for at least 2 more weeks). Don't ask me why they started putting him back in the sim so early. Sheesh.

And what in the world was the last sentence & picture about? I don't get it.

 
At June 02, 2010 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am disqualified from the guessing contest, since I saw the book while I was at your house. Sorry! Although I may have guessed Sojourner Truth if I had not ruined the surprise for myself.

I love the pictures of George and Zelda! George is such a sweet dog; I really appreciate how gracious he was with our pesky puppy. Hopefully, the next time they hang out she will be more fun and less obnoxious.

Thanks for a great weekend, Mom and Dad! Wish we could do things like that more often. You are welcome at our place any time! Open arms, a free pool, tennis courts, and a fishing pond beckon! So come any time. :)

Love you all,
Betsey

 
At June 07, 2010 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we going to see pics from your weekend with the L&L Rumleys??

love,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home