Adminswife

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ZACHARY'S 13th BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Whoa! Thirteen, time sure flies. We can't believe we are that old, let alone Zachary.

Dinner choice: Baked potato pizza, bacon (both on the pizza and off), root beer, and for dessert, root beer floats (which we will have when Dad gets home from tutoring). We had the dinner and gifts at 4:00 because Dad had to leave at 4:30. I wasn't hungry yet, but that is fine, that will make more room for my root beer float.


Elyse made him a card.

A set of books by Chuck Black. I heard they were very good, we will see.


His favorite gift, a USB Thumb Drive. He and his friend, Chatham, keep wanting to save things and take them to each others' houses. Too bad the kids laptop died for good. We are in the process of replacing it with a desk top - we just haven't found the right deal yet (like in, mostly free).

Does he look 13? Scarier yet, Elyse said that she will be 13 in a year and 9 months. YIKES! Where has all the time gone?

Zachary's first basketball tournament is this weekend. He plays in Wisconsin. Anyone want to drive out there to see him play? Didn't think so. In fact, his Dad is tutoring and he can't even go see the games. I guess it is just Elyse & me. I hope I remember the camera and I hope I remember to take a few pictures.

5 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Zach, you know I still remember the first time I held you when you were a baby? You still amaze me, but for different reasons. :) You're not quite as cuddly and squishy anymore. ;) I get all nostalgic watching you grow up, but I truly am excited to see who you will become in the coming years as you grow in the love and the knowledge of Christ.

Happy birthday, brother! I love and miss you.

- Betsey

 
At February 16, 2011 7:18 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Zach! I echo Betsey's comments. I remember you as an itty bitty baby. We had a huge snow storm in early March of the year you were born. We only had the fireplace to heat the house, so we all camped out in the living. I can still picture you all bundled up on the pull-out couch in the living room. Funny the things you remember...

Hope you had a great birthday!

 
At February 16, 2011 10:35 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Zachary is so skinny, I can't imagine him ever being cuddly and squishy."

 
At February 16, 2011 10:35 AM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Zachary says: "Thank you!"

 
At February 23, 2011 10:40 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

I DID comment on this one ages ago, but blogger changed how you sign in to post a comment, so it didn't end up working. My bad! Happy late birthday, Zilla man. You are an awesome guy, and I can't wait to see you again. Wanna come chill in LA for a while? Bring that silly sister of yours too.

Love,
me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home