Adminswife

Friday, February 18, 2011

2nd BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!!!!!

The second birthday of the week was MINE! Three of my kids remembered me (and the other three, you know who you are).

Zachary wrote me a beautiful card (very sentimental).


Elyse wrote a very nice card with a huge smiley face.


Tim wrote a nice card and bought me a Base Reflex Sound System - we used to call them boom boxes. It has a clock, AM/FM stereo radio, cassette player and CD player. You can even hook up your IPod (which I don't have - yet). Now I can play music where I want to play it and I don't have to listen to what Zachary chooses.


After presents we ate at TGI Friday's - my favorite restaurant. I had a coupon and got a free dessert because it was my birthday.

Then we headed to "The Fiddler on the Roof" play. Zachary, Elyse and I had already seen it, but we wanted Dad to see it. It is a play put on by 90 homeschool children. Tevye was played by a 15 year old boy - he was AMAZING! There were several of the actors that we knew from co-op. It was a superb show.

We met a girl that is currently going to Cornerstone. We talked to her for a few minutes, then spent the rest of the intermission talking to her mother. It was nice to meet someone new - yet connected somehow to our children.

It was a GREAT night and a GREAT birthday celebration. Thanks to all who participated.

7 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 12:19 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Aw nuts, we talked about it earlier in the day. Happy birthday! We'll try to remember tomorrow. :)

 
At February 19, 2011 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, it was only about twenty homeschoolers in the program. The rest were from schools around the area.


-Zach

 
At February 19, 2011 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it was your birthday yesterday but I was too swamped to even fire up the computer to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I was in charge of food for a wedding shower with about 65 people attending. Yikes!It went very well and now I have my life back. From the blog it looks like you had a good birthday. Hope you have a very good year to go with it. Nona

 
At February 20, 2011 1:31 PM, Blogger Adminswife said...

Thanks, Luke and Aunt Nona! It was a glorious day!

 
At February 21, 2011 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,

I found your birthday post! I missed it among all the basketball stuff.

Like Luke, I truly did think of you on your birthday and planned to call (while Em and I were together and could BOTH talk to you), but alas my faulty human mind failed to cling on to that thought long enough to make it a reality. Sorry I called you late!

I am very glad you enjoyed your birthday; it looks like you got some truly heartfelt cards and a very thoughtful gift. Who knew they made a machine that can handle everything from cassette tapes to ipods?? I've never heard of that! You'll have to show it off to me the next time I see you.

Oh, and the next time I see you, remind me to bring that bowl I borrowed at Thanksgiving. It's still on my table. :)

Love you!
Betsey

 
At February 21, 2011 2:53 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Guilty as charged. I did think about it though! Love you, mom!

 
At February 23, 2011 10:34 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

Aw, I'm glad I finally saw this post! What a GREAT way to spend your birthday. I love live shows, plus TGI Fridays is a wonderful restaurant. Their bread is delish!

Ummmm...I still have a boombox you once let me "borrow". Now I feel guilty that it still sits in my living room. Next time we see you, we can discuss if you would like it back or make a switch, lol.

Love you! And happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home