Adminswife

Monday, April 18, 2011

BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!

Tonight the VCL ladies celebrated our pastor's wife's 60th birthday. Her actual birthday is Wednesday, April 20th. Susan loves gardens, children, spring, etc. All the decorations were either in spring colors, or flowers made out of something and lots of flower pots all around. There was a flower pot used to hold gifts of money, if you so desired. Some ladies brought individual gifts. You could tell the ladies knew a lot about her. One lady brought special decorated eggs from Slovakia. They are empty real eggs that are decorated to the max. I wish I got a picture of them, sorry. They were gorgeous.

Susan also likes to collect quotes. She has a quote for each and every day. Each lady was told to bring a quote for her (I didn't understand the meaning until I got to the party). I googled for quotes and came up with this one: "I'm sixty years old - that is 16 in Celsius." When I got to the party, they wanted us to write our quotes on 4x6 cards that had a hole punched in the corner. They were giving her all the quotes, tied with a ribbon, for her to keep. Oh boy! I hope she liked mine (tee-hee). Susan thanked everyone for the quotes saying that puts her way ahead for this years 365 quotes she needs to gather.

I took a picture of the "edible arrangement" made by one of the ladies. It tasted so good.


There were cupcakes with a homemade flower stuck in the middle. They even had "peeps."


Our new assistant pastor's wife, Londa, gave the devotional. She had several small gifts that went along with her message. She compared our physical life with our spiritual life. You can see the back of Susan's head - she is the one wearing the birthday hat. After a few minutes of wearing the hat, she took it off because she said it was sticking in her double chin.


The last thing was a poster filled with little flowers that people wrote virtues of Susan on each one. The board was called Susan's Special Superlatives.

It was one creative night. Happy birthday, Susan!

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 9:11 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Fun night with new friends!

 
At April 19, 2011 10:34 AM, Anonymous Erin Bolton said...

How fun! I love the birthday ideas. Ha, your quote was funny, Mom. I'm sure there were plenty of serious ones, so your's was probably refreshing!

 
At April 19, 2011 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time with the other ladies, Mom! Looks like you know a lot of creative people, my goodness.

love you,
Betsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home